M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a mod i made today using 12" flex LED's from custom dynamics. i left the stock turn signals on so you can compare the brightness, but they are comin off now.

applying the 3M double sided tape

not only does it clean up the rear, but it is more visible from the sides than the stock signals. the lights are totally unnoticable until lit. it's 2-up unfriendly, however. but, i will only ever ride 1 up on this bike.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Very nice! :bigthumbsup: Gives me another idea for the wintertime mods. I'm gonna have so much new stuff on mine that when I pull it out of the garage next spring it's gonna seem like a new bike :D You had better plan a trip to the DMV soon (May 15th?) :cop:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just wanted to add on this, if you do this cut the tape tight with very little to no excess, especially if its black. a lot of the brightness at closer ranges depends on reflection off the finished space of the fender cover due to the recess. if you have overhang in the tape it causes shadows.

Blur,MN

G

·
looks nice, I really liked the look on IT Guy's bike today. Looking for the how to that explains the wiring then I may dig into this one

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, all my pics should be fixed again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, that looks great but one question though, is it visible during daytime?
I can hardly imagine that you can actually see something when the sun is shining!

Please inform, because if it is visible it is one of the best mods I've seen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BlkM109® said:
I'd like to welcome this thread to 2008.
you probably won't get an aswer, Phaed's been gone for at least a year
Okay, did see the timestamp but did not see his absence! Anybody else did this mad and maybe they can give me a clou?
I really would appreciate. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts