M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my second attempt at a How to....

These led brackets were made by a friend of mine. He is selling them here first and will be available on ebay soon aswell. If interested you can PM me or send a email to [email protected] $35 usd for the bracket and 6$ for shipping in the lower 48 states.

I used radiantz led's with smoked tube and they are more then bright enough in normal day light.

Also there is a lisence plate bracket for those un-able to do the side mount plate...pm for details.

Anyway here it is..... 14 pics total

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I like that design better then the RAW turn signals.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Awesome post, do you have a link to the exact Radiantz light/s you used, ie length and how did you attach them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c6.html&1

Click on the link (pic) for the 1mm spaced flex led....

once that is done scroll down and you will see some of the different set ups they have. I used the 12" 1mm spaced amber kit and cut it down to 2 6" strips and attached a 4 1/2" strip of red in the center of them. I also went with the smoked tube to help hide it better on my black bike. If you don't want to cut and solder them...you could just call them and have them build it to what you want so when you get it...it is simple cut and splice your turn and brake lines. As for the attachment to the bracket...there tubes come with 2M double sided automotive tape on the back... the tape is awsome...between all the miles...riding in the rain...in the cold...and washing it... it hasn't peeled at all.

I used the red because i tinted my tail light and wanted the extra brake lighting to be sure the cars behind me would know i was stopping. With out the red...i would almost think you would want 8" of amber on each side just to cover more of the fendor (for cosmetic purposes)

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Thanks, what's the total length that will fit that bracket w/o over hanging?

Oh and any pics of it on the bike lit up?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
16" is perfect fit...upto 17" gives a little overhang but the strips are well done and you wouldn't notice... 16 1/2" hangs just the end caps of thier tubes over the edge wich is cool because the wires come out of the back side of the end caps.

These brackets are cut to fit the M90... never tried them on a M109R so i don't know if they would line up (just saying because i see you have the M109R in your pics)

Here are some quick shots i did...in plain daylight...these pics don't do it any justice...they are alot brighter then they appear...but still look good in the pics.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Damn, that does look good. Guess I didn't know they were for an M90:dontknow:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great post, Thank you much but how did you atatch the LEDs to the bracket. :super: Peace!
The weather proof tube that comes with the led's has 2m double sided automotive tape on it...just pull the cover strip off the back and stick it to the bracket... mine has been through alot and no signs of peeling... it is the same stuff the dealer uses to put all the emblems on the bike...pretty strong stuff.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good!!!
will it fit the 109???
If not
will he do 1 for the 109???
No idea if it would fit or not.. i am sure he would make one for the 109... but i don't have a 109 for him to take the measurements from and to make sure it fits properly after.

If anyone has a 109 and wants to trade me for my 90.. i would be happy to have some brackets made for the 109 :joke:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my buddy just switched places of employment...and i am pretty sure the 1 bracket i have left is the last one available... if anyone is interested in it please let me know...

Thanks,
Felix

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey Felix - I sent a PM on the other site as well. I'm interested in these if they're still available

·
Registered
142 Posts
Same question Feelo ...

·
Registered
684 Posts
What did you do for a license plate light?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts