M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for while for the next bike (Honda Sabre now) and really like most of what I've seen or read on the 9, so...

Anything I should pay attention to when I go and check out the few 9's I can find around here? Not very many at that, not even at the dealer.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
First look for damage, of course. If modded, look for type and quality, craftmanship. Try to get all oem parts taken off from owner (including stock exhaust system). Owner's manual and any records of service. Look for caustic damage on paint and metal parts (swingarm). This is caused by using the wrong cleaners like "Purple Power etc..."
You can tell a lot by looking for the right signs.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Check for any recalls, make sure they're done. 06-07 had a fuel rail recall, check for a pin punch mark next to the VIN # on the left downtube. 08 and up have no recalls that I know of, but Suzuki has upgraded some of the pieces in the clutch.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've been looking for while for the next bike (Honda Sabre now) and really like most of what I've seen or read on the 9, so...

Anything I should pay attention to when I go and check out the few 9's I can find around here? Not very many at that, not even at the dealer.

:dontknow:
Go with 08 or 09 if you can...rumored that 2nd gears was changed.

What part of VA are you from? if not too far from Romney, WV you might want to check that place out. Many have loved their deals!:welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts