M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had the problem with their starter.I went to hit the starter and it went start then it delayed and then it fired up.This has happen several times to me.Most of the time it starts smooth and just fine,and other times not so smooth,just curious if anybody else has had this problem.

·
Registered
775 Posts
occasionaly when my bike is already warm from riding and i go to start it, it will delay for a moment. this was actually a big thread recently. JR made the point that we might be turning the throttle just a hair as we start the bike, this was trying to flood it, basicly. most everyone disagreed with him; but, i tried just leaving my hand completely off the grip and just pushing the button with my finger when the bike was already warm. has been starting like a champ ever since. maybe give it a try for yourself.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Could be the battery...I notice you mentioned...delay , even when riding your battery is not getting a "full" charge...depending on tempertures...and other things.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it's been about 55 degrees in the morning when I start out for work. I've noticed my bike being hard to start in the AM, cranking several seconds before firing off. I'm gonna double check the battery since i recently installed a PCIII and try leaving my hand off the throttle when I punch the starter. It doesn't seem to be a problem in the afternoon when it's warmed up to 80 degrees outside though. :dontknow:

Thanks for the tips guys. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It has happened to me several times!! I thought the battery was going to puke on me!! But, it statred !! Thanks for the information!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts