M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have techlusion but it works very same way. First port is set at about 2:45 as techlusion recomends. I've got the gold wing mod and my exhaust is Debafled and Drilled. The bike runs great but I notice if I don't crack the throttle a little on starting it dosen't want to catch. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
You shouldn't have to touch the throttle when starting a fuel injected motor, unless it's flooded. They all have a mode where the fuel is cut off if you open them wide open when starting, so you can clear out a flooded motor.

I'd guess you aren't holding the starter in long enough. Try holding it in until the motor actually catches and runs. I sometimes let off too soon and have to restart mine, but as long as I hold it in until it starts it works fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zoom. Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know you shouldn't have to touch the throttle when its fuel injected but I also have to give it a little bit of gas when starting. I have Duck's with K&N's and drilled stock exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.