M109 Rider Forums banner

Started my mods

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Nemo 
#1 ·
Started my mods !
I got my cobra highway bars on last weekend along with the highway pegs, that added alot of comfort. today I installed the TRE I got from G-Man wow what a difference , Low end shudder is gone . I can't believe I hadn't already done this ! Then I installed my shifter bushing also from G-Man. Another Wow I can't believe I hadn't already done this. My Road Burner 3" Stepped Drag Pros are here but I am waiting for My Cobra FI 2000 to get here before I install the pipes . Other mods to follow this winter .I.E. Grasshopper drivers backrest, and who knows what else ! :dontknow:

#4 ·
I hope to do pics and a sound clip once I get the pipes installed . :bigthumbsup:

#5 ·
Cobra Highway Bars , Highway Pegs , TRE , Shifter Bushing from G-MAN, Road Burner 3" Stepped Drag Pros , Cobra FI 2000.

#7 ·
Install mods.

MSMITCH459

Pardon my ignorance but can you explain what is G-man TRE.
Do you have pics of your 2 in 1 exhaust and your dual K & N airfilter intakes.
The 2-1 intake that I have seen installed on a M109 came from a V-Rod, It lookes pretty need. I don't know what it did to the sound. I kind of like the stock sound believe it or not.
I have looked at several adapters and air intakes and found some good looking one,s but I have to sell the farm to afford those.
Thanks for your info.

Kratto.

#8 · (Edited)
MSMITCH459

Pardon my ignorance but can you explain what is G-man TRE.
Do you have pics of your 2 in 1 exhaust and your dual K & N airfilter intakes.
The 2-1 intake that I have seen installed on a M109 came from a V-Rod, It lookes pretty need. I don't know what it did to the sound. I kind of like the stock sound believe it or not.
I have looked at several adapters and air intakes and found some good looking one,s but I have to sell the farm to afford those.
Thanks for your info.

Kratto.
Exactly my thinking, so i made my own, a lil time and a $4 piece of galvanized soffit vent from the hardware store, hotglued in. Not as stylin as those 400-600 $$ ones but performance wise, A lot of new air gets to the K&N's behind them. I call them nemo hyper chargers LOL

#9 ·
Nemo, where did you get the framing for the grill. It looks great by the way and I'm sure you get just as much air in there as the big money ones.

#12 ·
Hey boss, Thanks,,,,,,the framing is just taped off and painted, I may someday change them to black. and yes they suck the air big time.....

#10 ·
Hey Boss, Nemo just cut em out and used a color match paint, masked them off and shot them. I have seen them in person and they look really good. I ended up doing about the same thing, but painted my edges black and the grill silver.

#13 · (Edited)
:agree:yeah what buzz said LOL Thanks buzz I gotta se yours, sounds great.

#11 ·
I finally got my FI2000 in and installed , now I just have to fine tune her and she will be ready to hit the road ! Man these Road Burner 3" stepped Drag Pros were the best deal since I bought my 109er . I got them for $350.00 plus shipping on ebay , and damn they sound awesome if you like your bike to growl and roar :bigthumbsup:! Soon I will be posting pics and hopefully a sound clip of the pipes ! :bad2thebone:

TRE, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, Highway Pegs, Road Burner 3" stepped Drag Pros ( Chrome ) , Cobra FI 2000, G-Man Bushing,Other mods to follow !

#14 ·
Sweet, Look forward to the pics!!:congrats:

I finally got my FI2000 in and installed , now I just have to fine tune her and she will be ready to hit the road ! Man these Road Burner 3" stepped Drag Pros were the best deal since I bought my 109er . I got them for $350.00 plus shipping on ebay , and damn they sound awesome if you like your bike to growl and roar :bigthumbsup:! Soon I will be posting pics and hopefully a sound clip of the pipes ! :bad2thebone:

TRE, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, Highway Pegs, Road Burner 3" stepped Drag Pros ( Chrome ) , Cobra FI 2000, G-Man Bushing,Other mods to follow !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.