M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Australia the standard pipes comply with 96dB at 3,100 rpm. How does that compare to other parts of the world? I assume that quietier=less power

I can't get aftermarket pipes yet so does drilling hole in the baffles or removing them improve the power or just the noise?

Can the catalytic thing be removed to improve power? Has anyone done it?

Morgs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Morgs
Where are you at as I also have one. Iv'e removed the restrictor got new grips and now I am lookong at the foot pegs.
Oh and by the way I live in Sydney. cabab01

·
Registered
849 Posts
More noise = more noise.
Whether or not you gain or lose power will depend on a lot of different things. A number of pipes will actually decrease power because of their poor design. Some pipes wil increase power, but in a very narrow range where you don't normally ride, and decrease it where you want it most. Pipe tuning once you arrive at a style you like is an art, and having access to a dyno helps take some of the mystery out of it.
Normally, a crossover on a two into two pipe which helps get the exhaust out of it's own way quicker ,or a two into one system, is the best place to start. Then adding ,and adjusting, some good fuel management to balance out the new fuel needs will be the next step.
I hope you're enjoying those 109s down under.
Jer

·
Registered
422 Posts
My dealer in Perth had the mufflers modified for me at first service to make it a bit louder.
Not that much noisier and power about the same but at least not as loud as the V&H on my old bike(which I hated)
On another subject if you want a Sissy bar your in the right place to get the "Aussie Sissy Bar" I had made by Metcruz over your side of the island.
All us Aussies should have a group hug :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. Whats the restrictor?

I've only just done a 1000km's, so after the service its time to do the mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Aussie gents,

I too have purchased the 109 and live in Melbourne.

Does anyone have advice on a reputable workshop in the Melbourne area where I can get all servicing and tuning work done on the bike.

Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts