M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drilled the 8 1/2 inch holes in each of my pipes. Ran great, sounded better no issues. This week I'm stalling at idle, restarts easily. I can hold the throttle at 800-1000 rpm and runs just like before. Can I just increase the idle, if so can someone tell me how to do this. On my dirt bikes and other bikes easily found and adjusted, in 109 land I'm lost! Thanks for any help

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,951 Posts
First, :welcome: to the forum.

I'm not sure how this got overlooked, but I apologize. There's no way to actually change the idle speed on the 109. It has an ISC (Idle Speed Control) valve that controls the idle speed electronically by bleeding air into the throttle bodies. There is a procedure for synchronizing the throttle bodies that will let you change it, but you need a service manual to do it.

If you have very many miles on it, it could be the fuel filter. The first sign they are going bad is when the bike starts stalling when coming to a stop.

If you want to try syncing it, you can get an electronic version of the manual here: Service Manual

Read the requirements before you PM them about it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
First, :welcome: to the forum.

I'm not sure how this got overlooked, but I apologize. There's no way to actually change the idle speed on the 109. It has an ISC (Idle Speed Control) valve that controls the idle speed electronically by bleeding air into the throttle bodies. There is a procedure for synchronizing the throttle bodies that will let you change it, but you need a service manual to do it.

If you have very many miles on it, it could be the fuel filter. The first sign they are going bad is when the bike starts stalling when coming to a stop.

If you want to try syncing it, you can get an electronic version of the manual here: Service Manual

Read the requirements before you PM them about it.
:agree:Yes. Fuel filter was my first thought
:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts