M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best product to use on the afetrmarket chrome pipes?

Left the bike on my patio and the cover slipped off.. CRAP.. The pipes look like they have little orange spots...

·
Registered
262 Posts
0000 steel wool.....

seriously!

I thought my buddy was nutz but it took off burned rubber and all off the pipes and the chrome looked new!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
0000 steel wool.....

seriously!

I thought my buddy was nutz but it took off burned rubber and all off the pipes and the chrome looked new!
I'm going to try this.
I took my daughter for a ride yesterday and after a couple of miles I stop at a red light, look down at my pipes, she has her foot sitting on it. Turn around and quickly went home to clean it off. Wasn't too bad, most of it came off with some scrubbing but there is still a lil blemish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
EZ-Off oven cleaner in the blue can works miracles on chrome pipes with melted rubber from shoes!!!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys and gals rock.... Thanks, it is light rust but I am sure i wll come off...

I am getting her ready for key west next weekend..

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I used mothers Billet polish on my pipes regularly and it makes them pop, after that I apply mother chrome polish - try it!

I have this philosophy -
" never rub anything on chrome you wouldn't rub on a baby "
JMHO

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Mother's Billet is for aluminum not chrome. It has abrasives in it which is great For aluminum but not chrome....will put fine swirl marks/scratches in it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mother's Billet is for aluminum not chrome. It has abrasives in it which is great For aluminum but not chrome....will put fine swirl marks/scratches in it.

I'm not sure I can agree with that - I used it on several diferent bike I've owned and my cars also. everyone that looks at my bikes (especially the chrome) mentioned that it doesn't look like it's ever riden..billet polish has the same thing as jewelers rouge has, so fine it wont scratch the surface of good chrome.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I'm not sure I can agree with that - I used it on several diferent bike I've owned and my cars also. everyone that looks at my bikes (especially the chrome) mentioned that it doesn't look like it's ever riden..billet polish has the same thing as jewelers rouge has, so fine it wont scratch the surface of good chrome.....:dontknow:
Dude ....this is right off their jar. Read the part in red.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I just used this Never Dull to clean my pipe because of the residue from my daughter's rubber shoes, she put her foot on the pipe while we were riding. After about 30 seconds of applying Never Dull and then wiping it clean, all the rubber stain on the pipe is GONE!!! :D

Thanks Rubzerk for this suggestion :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts