M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I havent been on a 9 in a while, just got one for the dealership I work with and took it out for a spin.

It had rained earlier today and roads are wet , hit the gas in a straight line, shifted into 2nd, hit some wet road , kept straight and the back tire just SPUN, as if the clutch were in and I was revving.....

Weirdest feeling ever, scared the **** outta me...

Lucky I didnt lay it down, just kept straight, not used to the torque in 2nd from this 2008.

This bike should def be a 6 spd

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
amen to the 6 speed.
LOL...glad that you kept it straight & didn't dump it. I think that we've all had that "oh ****" moment.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it was like, **** THIS TORQUE.... tire just spun, luckily it didnt lean but stayed str8

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I did that in Vegas at the meet.Traffic sucked and I saw a gap so i shot it, hit 2nd she went sideways a little, I said thats cool kept on the gas and went around a WHOLE bunch of cars sideways and smokin the rubber LOL, Shut it down in 3rd,,,,,,,,,

No rain but that asphalt down there, don't know if it was the heat or what, but it was slippery. One could sit at a light and my feet would slowly slide to the side. Crazy there.....

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I did that in Vegas at the meet.Traffic sucked and I saw a gap so i shot it, hit 2nd she went sideways a little, I said thats cool kept on the gas and went around a WHOLE bunch of cars sideways and smokin the rubber LOL, Shut it down in 3rd,,,,,,,,,

No rain but that asphalt down there, don't know if it was the heat or what, but it was slippery. One could sit at a light and my feet would slowly slide to the side. Crazy there.....
You have to watch here in the summer for tar snakes. They fill a lot of cracks with tar right before winter so water can't get in them, then freeze and crack. But let the sun get on those on a hot day and they are almost as slippery as ice. I've hit a couple pulling out to pass and had the tire skip sideways.

And even worse is they do more of them at traffic lights. The weight of the trucks sitting there causes more cracks, so they have a lot more patches. Got to watch those and any oil or antifreeze equally at stops.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
You have to watch here in the summer for tar snakes. They fill a lot of cracks with tar right before winter so water can't get in them, then freeze and crack. But let the sun get on those on a hot day and they are almost as slippery as ice. I've hit a couple pulling out to pass and had the tire skip sideways.

And even worse is they do more of them at traffic lights. The weight of the trucks sitting there causes more cracks, so they have a lot more patches. Got to watch those and any oil or antifreeze equally at stops.
We have those tar snakes everywhere, I dont have to worry about it warming up enough to make them slippery here :D What I deal with here now, is the sand they put on the roads when it freezes, Takes a good day of hard rain to wash the roads down, then a day to dry, then I ride........:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Lol, we got that here too, plus gravel. The sand goes away pretty quickly but the gravel likes to hang around. You really have to watch turning into or out of gas stations and other places along the road, because it gets kicked along the edges and you drive through it. But at least you can see the gravel, sand you usually find out about too late.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts