M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard just about every other issue everyones been discussing, but anyone getting any racket from the fuel pump? I hear it constantly under a 1/4 tank, and many times when I coast while decellerating. It's loud enough to be heard over wind noise... anyone else?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I've noticed something like this as well. comes from under the gas tank. Notice it mostly when staying in 3rd and cruising around 4k RPM

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have this problem and it's gotten worse in the last couple hundred miles. I used to only hear it at certain RPMS, but now it's prevelant throughout the whole powerband. I know I've seen other posts on here about it. Can't remember if anyone posted and remedies for it.

Anyone? Anyone?

·
Registered
814 Posts
No, this is coming from underneath the speedo panel. If I put my hand on it, it quiets the chirp or it stops completely, depends on how hard I press.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think I may know what this is.

If you remove the tank, there is a foil heat shield under there. It is easy for that shield to become loose and vibrate or whine, especially when the engine is under load.

Remove the tank and use some tape or foam to secure it better, and see if that doesn't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts