M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the best looking windshield for the 109 that I have found. The mounting hardware is awesome and it removes with no tools just pull and ball detentes release it. The botton just countours around the headlight and it is 14" tall with a flip at the top to shove the air above the riders head.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is a very nice windshield, I think I like it better than anything I've seen so far. Is it made for the 109 or is that just the size and shape it comes in? What about their website, or where to buy it?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Interesting look. What kind is it? And how much and where did you get it ??

·
Registered
757 Posts
Whats the deal?   You have two 109s?  The first shield has a flip at the top but the one on the red bike doesn't.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is one on ebay right now last time I looked it was about $80. Your dealer can get them Parts Unlimited has them. Some dealers will discount them, I did not pay much over $200 for mine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the same shields one is clear and the flip just does not show up at all. Except for the color they are exactally the same. I have two bikes Yes but not two 109 the red 109 is mine my other bike is a Goldwing that I sold my Hayabusa to get. The blue 109 is just a pic I had showing the tinted shield.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks :bigthumbsup: I see now. How would you rate that shield? I read some reviews on DLP from some really pissed off people about the ones they bought. (not sportech) They said felt like their heads were in a vacuum chamber above 40mph. Noticed anything like that?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hemicharger,

Are you sure these are the same two Sportech windshields. I agree with an earlier observation that the tinted one on the blurple looks different from the clear one on the red bike. Looks like a dirrefence of 5 inches or so. I also like the Laminair. In fact I am still swaying back and forth on which one to choose. These two appear to work best with the 109 IMO. It is a matter of styling choice when you get down to it. If you want to maintain the sporty look these options are better than the others on the market.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just the distance the pictures are taken away from the bike the red bike pictures are real close up to show in detail the windshield and mounts. Tried to show the height of it with her on the bike. Yes they are exactly the same except for color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts