M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about installing the sport compact muffler on the 109.
1. Remove of keep the exhaust valve?
2. What size core in the muffler 2.5 or 3in.?
3. What power gains did you see from this and which way did you do it??

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting rid of the set valve and what difference did ya find between the 2.5in and the 3in muffler cores? The big air's and jsd will be coming soon.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Your 2 1/2 and 3" mufflers are the same, Not using the search is your blame,While Jr and perry set on the thrown, the lack of muffler knowledge is your own,if you can figure out this rhyme It just may save you some time. :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silentrider said:
Your 2 1/2 and 3" mufflers are the same, Not using the search is your blame,While Jr and perry set on the thrown, the lack of muffler knowledge is your own,if you can figure out this rhyme It just may save you some time. :D
::)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Crazyspeed :D Hey Dude I was just having a little fun at your expense :D
The pipes some people are using are 2 1/2 on the inlet and 3" on the outlet thats what the first part of the Rhyme meant ,Cause both measurements you ask about were on the same pipe :D the pipes are stainless and they also have carbon fiber in Red and black, Discount/auto zone and other parts places carry them for around $70 frostys :D Parts # is 63-0215 Bar code 5711600215
If you see something you like you better write it down cause some times it's hard to find it again this is what i do :bigthumbsup: write it down or add to favorites Hope this help ya later silentrider

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silentrider said:
Crazyspeed :D Hey Dude I was just having a little fun at your expense :D
The pipes some people are using are 2 1/2 on the inlet and 3" on the outlet thats what the first part of the Rhyme meant ,Cause both measurements you ask about were on the same pipe :D the pipes are stainless and they also have carbon fiber in Red and black, Discount/auto zone and other parts places carry them for around $70 frostys :D Parts # is 63-0215 Bar code 5711600215
If you see something you like you better write it down cause some times it's hard to find it again this is what i do :bigthumbsup: write it down or add to favorites Hope this help ya later silentrider
Thank you Sir.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Be careful and measure when you get your muffler. I bought the part number listed from pepboys and it measured 2.128"id.
I had to find use a muffler from tenzo to get the correct inside measurements. caveat emptor

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a stock header that I cut, I reworked it and got it to 3" round at the collector. So now the question is do I go with a 3" inlet with 3" core or go back down to 2.5" inlet and 2.5"core. Will the 3" loose alot of torque or will the 2.5" not make as much power as the 3"?????

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Per JR  don't cut the factory collector Suzuki did a great job on it!cut it off just before the set and work with that!

Why cut out the set? Per Perry ----  POWER BABY :D

This is getting to be to much fun :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

I may not know it BUT I know the guy's that do :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thats Exactly Why I turned to the "PRO'S THAT KNOW" :bigthumbsup:

I do Not Jerry Rig Nothing on my stuff!
If I can't get Hooked up with the Guy's that are fabricating what I want,then I'd just go the After market way,It's done right or not on silents bike :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Crazyspeed:

I think I can help you out here a little bit. JR (and subsequently Perry) have put a lot of time and energy into this exaust design. In the past, some "members" have kind of freaked JR out to some extent -- by sending him bizarre PM's, and even threatening to sue him if something bad happened to their bike after they tried one of his mods. (I know: ridiculous!)

Since then, he has been fairly tight-lipped about some of the details of his projects here on the Board. BUT, if you PM him, (or Perry) -- they'll probably tell ya' what you want to know. (Or you can invest in the JR "track pack" -- which includes the exhaust mod.)

But I think JR respects guys who are trying to do it themselves, and if you're not one of those weirdos, he most likely help you out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I build and fab alot of turbo bike and car stuff. I am just looking for the correct info so I can ga et it right the first time. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Guys,and Girls too!

If anyone is changing their exhaust and would like to sell the originals. Please respond. Happy Riding and BE SAFE!!

Tiger427

1 - 14 of 14 Posts