M109 Rider Forums banner

Sports Bike: To bell or not to bell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no really point to this poll, every cruiser i ride with has a rider bell and so does our rider with a sporty...
Bringing home a R6 to add to the stables and will get a bell but, do you bell you or gift bell your friends sporties??

is it cruiser thing mainly or do the sport riders par take in this superstition too

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
IMO, a ride bell is for any bike.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I've had one on pretty much every bike I've ever had, from dirt bikes to standards to cruisers.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I was told a bell must be gifted to you...

Thank you Quinn

·
Registered
89 Posts
A bunch of the guys I race with all give them to each other and put them on our race bikes. I will take all the good karma I can get at 190 mph

·
Registered
453 Posts
Always have it gifted to you. Simply meaning an offering of a prayer while you ride. After I got my ZX12 a friend gave me one....but I guess I was going to fast cuz it was lost on the road somewhere. :(

Cheers & safe travels.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats a rider bell guys?
I was told to hang my bell on the lowest part of the bike.

The Legend of the Bell

Have you noticed that small bell on some people's bikes
and wondered why it was there?

It's more than just decoration - It has a specific function.

As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions,
One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are the little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsible for most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred other things go wrong.

These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their bearing is supersensitive. the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?)
The bell has served its purpose.

If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work.
But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.

So, if you have a friend that doesn't have a bell, why not give them one?
It's a nice feeling for the recipient to know you personally cared.
The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner,
will help eliminate the Evil Road Spirits.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
What about whistles? :dontknow:
Beep beep :evil: watch it hear come Bobby
LOL :D

I removed the Suzuki sticker on the dash and put a small chrome cross there.

I also have a chrome "Jesus fish" on the left side of my bike stuck on the black side cover.....

According to tradition, ancient Christians, during their persecution by the Roman Empire in the first few centuries after Christ, used the fish symbol to mark meeting places and tombs, or to distinguish friends from foes:

…when a Christian met a stranger in the road, the Christian sometimes drew one arc of the simple fish outline in the dirt. If the stranger drew the other arc, both believers knew they were in good company.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
LOL :D

I removed the Suzuki sticker on the dash and put a small chrome cross there.

I also have a chrome "Jesus fish" on the left side of my bike stuck on the black side cover.....

According to tradition, ancient Christians, during their persecution by the Roman Empire in the first few centuries after Christ, used the fish symbol to mark meeting places and tombs, or to distinguish friends from foes:
…when a Christian met a stranger in the road, the Christian sometimes drew one arc of the simple fish outline in the dirt. If the stranger drew the other arc, both believers knew they were in good company.
Uh :dontknow: I just figured they all liked to eat at Long John Silvers and the fish was their secret code sign for that. I even had coupons I was saving for you for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Why just the left side? I have a fish on both sides in the same location.
He's only 1/2 Christian! LOL

With regards to this Gremlin Bell thing. I got mine from my Riding Course instructor and kept it on my bike for years and it always "Protected" me. Then I got the M109R and of course transferred it over to this bike.........then I apparently blacked out for some unknown reason in the Spring while riding in the mountains and went down for the first time in my life. Now the Gremlin Bell is no longer on the bike.

Superstitions are just a way for adults to pretend in a higher saving power. It's just a freaking metal object made in a factory in China. It's not gonna protect you from possibly going down! :doorag:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Georgia ,,,, maybe the bell fell off first, and then you went down?
For those of us who are clumsy, should we have two bells ?? ha ha

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
He's only 1/2 Christian! LOL

Superstitions are just a way for adults to pretend in a higher saving power. It's just a freaking metal object made in a factory in China. It's not gonna protect you from possibly going down! :doorag:
Unfortunately, sometimes I live my life in a way that is "1/2 Christian"...but I'm still a work in progress! :bigthumbsup:

I agree about the superstition thing......that's not why I have the cross or fish. I just love Christ :doorag:.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts