M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Holy cow those things do rolling wheelies? I am extremely ignorant when it comes to sports bikes. Whats the difference between the different R's, R1 R6 etc? Is it style or power? I am very intrigued right now, I think I want one of these :)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
That guy has a death wish!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Holy cow those things do rolling wheelies? I am extremely ignorant when it comes to sports bikes. Whats the difference between the different R's, R1 R6 etc? Is it style or power? I am very intrigued right now, I think I want one of these :)
The difference is both style and power between the r1's and r6's.
The r6 has a 600cc motor and the r1 has a 1000cc motor in it
as far as you wanting one, Id hold off on that Idea. These bikes are a completely different animal then cruisers. Half the motor twice the speed and power. I came from a suzuki gsxr 1000 although the 109 is fast it doesn't even begin to compare to my old bike.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My wife, an E.R. nurse, says it best, O LOOK A FUTURE CUSTOMER, then bags him up for the next ride.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
That guy is an idiot!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
There made for that...BUtt!!!

Man you can ride these bike like this, believe me I was one of those guys flying around traffic in Chicago, IL. But I tell you the last time I rode like this I was on the m109 and man did I feel unsafe. Bike is golden but it doesn't compare to a sports bike in those conditions. After a turtle head pop out:edit: I pulled back and told them "Man you don't realize how unsafe that looks until you're in the back watching those in front of you".. My kids and girlfriend need to kick my ass I can't believe that was a natural reflex to ride like that, not realizing how unsafe it was.. Sold my ZX14 but Im thinking about getting another zx14..and I just might :2cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Guy really make is bad of those on sports bikes that don't ride like that. hate it, but I wouldn't feel bad if someone tapped is butt.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
R1 is a 1000cc or a liter bike. the R6 is a 600cc bike. And NO you dont really want one.
That is the craziest video I've seen in a while. I kept waiting for somebody to open their door and mess up his day.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
All to post on you tube. That jackass is not long for this world

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wonder how long it will be before that cat runs out of lives? Stupid!

·
Registered
423 Posts
:edit:ing crazy. That made me hurt to watch. I never did and never will go crazy in traffic. Just open freeway at 3am, and mountain runs. Still dangerous though, but I have never had as much fun as I had on a sport bike. Miss the wheelies ;). Anybody here comfortable on motorcycles and has never riden a sport bike, get a buddie to let you take his out on an open road with no traffic. Make sure to get a good mix of straights and curves, but BE CAREFULL :eek:. You really have no idea till you get on one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am going to be honest...the first 2 min of that video had me smiling...brought back all the memories of my 900rr and gsx750r... i grew up on crotch rockets and rode them on the edge every day. About 2 min into the vid i started thinking about my very young kids... and i stopped looking at the rush and started to think this guy is an idiot... i was a idiot and i should prob head but the wall right now for all the stupid things i did on a bike.

Not only is he taking his own life to the edge... but when he is cranking it up while splitting the oncoming traffic... he is taking other lives to the edge also... if my kids were in one of those vehicles and he made the mistake of stopping after i would prob drop kick his ass off that bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
He's crazy there is no way I would ride like that. Hey their traffic looks like the beltway outside of D.C. The R1 is the closest you can get to a factory prepared race bike right off the showroom floor, buy it tape up the lights hit the track. The R6 handles awesome Yamaha did their homework on those two for the price cant beat either would love one of them for a track bike. Compared to a 9 the R6 would be showing you it's taillights. My 9 is fine for fast cruising a little corner action love it to death, but my ZX14 is awesome big, comfy, stupid fast, best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts