M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonder about windshields for the M109; I am looking at the spitfire model and was wondering if anyone has this style and their thoughts.

What type of windshield would you recommend, or do you currently use??

All input appreciated.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
How much wind deflection does it give? I find I am getting beaten up by the wind in my face. More so on the M109R than on my previous windshield-less bike!
The V Stream touring will give you more protection. It is a wind DEFLECTOR not a windshield. I have one and Love it. There are numerous posts on it. Search V Stream and you will find lots to read.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The wind was beating me up also so I got the v stream tall shield, hardly no air hits my chest but i do get hit on top of the helmet. I can live with it though as I just tuck my head down and everything feels smooth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had to adjust this windshield quite a few times to get it just right for me, I'm 6'3" and got the wind stream to hit me in my collar bones. I tried to get the wind over my head but the air was angry coming off of the lip and it was like someone was grabbing and shaking my helmet. I to tall and couldn't get it high enough on the fork tubes to get it over me. now I have it as low as I can get it to the headlight housing, which in my opinion looks better too. At 5'9" you may have better luck with getting it to go over you. Overall I like this for long trips as it keeps the wind off my chest and seems to go right over my shoulders. My helmet is in decently clean air but if i slouch to much I get reminded of so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the short VStream. I am 5'7" and adjusted the height all the way up on the tubes and only get buffeting on the top of my head. Much better then feeling like I'm going to blow off the bike at highway speeds or the occasional 150+mph fun twist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the V Stream and it's all the way up, yet when at 65 mph I'm getting blasted with air right at my nose. I can't put the screen up any more, so would lowering it help?? I'm a new owner, and just want to be comfortable. Without the V Stream, the wind just about blows me off of the bike. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.