M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Finland.

Does anyone else have been problems with speedometer?

My bikes speedometer gets crazy on higher speeds. Yesterday i ride top gear and motor was running about 5500 rpm and speedometer looks 240 km/h (150 mph) :eek: :eek:.

G

·
Yes,,and the dealer looked at it for over a week and didnt find anything,,of course they didnt ride it much neither,,like 1 mile maybe?They suck!!! yep,, one day on the way home the needle started boucing around,,and then just dropped out all together...by the time I got home it started working again...after that from 50 to 70 or so,,I noticed it boucing around and goin nutz.....still there on the way home from work,,after I picked it up today,,,it started boucing again.....I do have a thought,,I'm a ase master tech for autos,,and it seems to be just a magnetic pickup.....if there metal debris(trans break in) on the sensor it may skew the reading...I had this similar problem on gm blazers and trucks with the abs sensors,,collecting metal and causing abs codes....also ford trucks with the sensor in the rear end housng collecting metal and causing similar probs....so...I'm gonna pull mine out and check it....Least I have a game plan,,dealer just threw the hands up....ohh well...he said.. :verymad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts