M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced front and rear tires on my 07 109R (Joined the 250 club:hot::hot:) 1st time I rode afterwards everthing seemed fine, rode to work today speedometer hung up on about 62 mph and stuck. I dont know if its coincidence or if its something I did when taking the wheels off and on. Anyone else have this problem after changing tires???

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
You will have to pull the sensor under the rear right side chrome cover. No oil will come out, but pull it and clean it off. It is a magnetic proximity sensor and will collect metal shavings over time. The sensor goes into the secondary drive and is held in by 1 screw (if I remember right).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have to pull the sensor under the rear right side chrome cover. No oil will come out, but pull it and clean it off. It is a magnetic proximity sensor and will collect metal shavings over time. The sensor goes into the secondary drive and is held in by 1 screw (if I remember right).
Hey, thanx man, I really appreciate it. I thought I had screwed something up!!:clap2::bigthumbsup:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts