M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been posts about this in the past. Today mine went nuts, only fluctuating about 5 mph with the cruise on. OK, I have 3,200 miles on my bike now and this is the first time this has happened. What did i do different? I drove 2.25 hours with to stops and it was in the sun all day. Can anyone else determine what they were doing when this happens, I think it was due to the heat? Has anyone had there dealers fix anything or do we just have to deal with it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Speedometer - Eratic, Bouncing, Crazy Etc....

Mine did the same thing just today. It has done it in the past but stopped the next day. I live in iowa and it is hot and humid here. Today it was 100 degrees and had high humidity so maybe it is the heat.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I took mine out last night for about an hour ride and it did nothing of the sort. My prediction is the heat. We'll see what the sturgis runners come up with. I think we're all in the heat. Please do your part to stop global warming... park the car and buy an M109.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

sorry i brought it up. Can you explain melting ice caps and carbon levels in the air?

·
Registered
113 Posts

jamiesM109R said:
sorry i brought it up. Can you explain melting ice caps and carbon levels in the air?
Exxon + U.S. = ruined planet

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

whaddya mean EXXON + U.S. = ruined planet? I'd say it would be China or other third world countries without any regards for the environment that are doing more harm than us.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Jamie,

Mine did it last week but it was that hot. I did have it on cruise control so maybe that has something to do with it. :dontknow:

G

·

I also have had the bouncing needle and noticed the bike had sat in the heat and sunlight all day at work...I do believe it has something to do with heat....now I cover it up.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts

ppridgen1 said:
bouncing needle ....It quit when I changed my oil and cleaned the chip plugs ....exxon and AMERICA ?first let me start by saying I'm not trying to be offensive and don't want you to take this the wrong way,...........but you are an IDIOT,.....exxon and America were not here for the melting of the first two Icecaps that flooded much of the earth. I suppose it was all that methane produced by the dinasaurs when they were eating all the vegitation and eachother. Any person with half a brain(you included ) should check out the fact that it's happened before, and we, (AMERICA & Exxon )humans weren't even around . Think before you preach "global warming due to fossil fuel use" to the masses and get back to us after that.........THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!........................ ::)
haha, actually you sir are right on.....but we wouldn't have anything to bicker about and pass our sunday along if SOMEBODY didn't say something "attackable" now would we? I read a paper once on Global Warming, and it was in line with what you've said and rather convincing, "Global Warming" is a natural process of sorts. I'm sure all our fossil fuel use and the resulting emissions do help the process a bit.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Now if we could only predict and out live the next ice age......someone call Exxon for some research funds, I hear they've got plenty of cash!! :joke:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The whole story is on the Discovery Channel: Global warning with Tom Brokaw. 2-hr's, very interesting. It's here and if you live on the coast you better watch out in about 25 years. Once Greenland melts sea level is up 25 feet and once Antartica's gone another 20 feet.

·
Registered
113 Posts

jamiesM109R said:
The whole story is on the Discovery Channel: Global warning with Tom Brokaw. 2-hr's, very interesting. It's here and if you live on the coast you better watch out in about 25 years. Once Greenland melts sea level is up 25 feet and once Antartica's gone another 20 feet.
Here's something to ponder, all that ice is (supposedly) fresh water from what I understand......so when you dump that much fresh water into the big ole salty ocean, what happens....well salt water holds heat better than fresh water so would that mean the oceans wouldn't stay as warm as they used to? the frigid north atlantic would be....well more frigid? would it freeze? ice age?! hmmm or maybe it is salty ice up there.......that'd make great potato chip flavored snow cones.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
hmmm do for a service will hafta tryth Amsoil, but as for cruise....I can't find that setting on the throttle, it's marked Wide Open, and Closed.....

·
Registered
422 Posts

jamiesM109R said:
Once Greenland melts sea level is up 25 feet and once Antartica's gone another 20 feet.
Cool :joke: I live 400yds off the beach. When that happens I'll be at the beachfront and have higher property values.
Seriously though I was in China last year and never saw the horizon in two weeks. That place is so polluted it's scary.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
Amsoil+Cruise=41.5 mpg
60mph cruise to work 58mi = 43mpg with regular dino oil.............switching to Amsoil 20w-50 this week, then I'll see where it goes :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: Speedometer - Eratic, Bouncing, Crazy Etc....Now it's Global Warming Chat!!!

How in the Hell did this thread turn to Global Warming? :p

For what it's worth, today three of us went to watch Al Gore's movie, "AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH".

I gotta say, this movie is gonna grab a lot of folk's attention over the next year. Even though it had more charts and graphs than a Ross Perot convention, it wasn't all that boring. It's actually a slick piece of work and it's absolutely not wrong.

It's also not absolutely right.

I know, how can that be...good question. It's just my opinion but I'd encourage everyone to watch the movie...if it's right then we've got about ten years or so before there's a line crossed, then we're somewhere into the no deposit, no return zone.

However....there's a link I'd urge you to look at carefully. It's just one web page, it only adds a single other element to the equation, simple stuff really. Might even save it so you can send friends and family there when Mr. Gore's movie has them wondering if the end is near.

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

I often drive a Prius, bought two in fact, I recycle and I've planted or paid for a tree or two as well. I'm all for keeping the place clean and balanced. Consideration of all the factual elements speaks to balance too. IMHO.

LG

1 - 20 of 24 Posts