M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked it with a buddys gps, and its off by 5 mph !! ei-60 indicated is really 55,,, 65 is 60 ,its off about the same up to 100mph,,then i quit !! ok i can deal with that but wouldnt my odometer run faster too ??? ei-1 mile might be 1.3 miles ? so it would really show higher milage than ive actually went ??? :edit:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The speedometer error on this bike is pretty well documented if you do a search for it. I believe the posts said it was about 8% error, so at 100mph on the speedo, you're only doing about 92 or so. As for the odometer, got no clue, figured the speedo error was cause it was a lower quality electronic gauge...

Ride Strong :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
yes, your odometer will also be inacurate to the same rate of inacuracy as the speedometer. but, realisticly 100 miles per hour for a time of one hour will only show about 5 miles inacuracy , by the scale you said your speedo is off. at those speeds; who cares how far you went? lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
I ran a GPS 135 mph with speedo showing 148 or so MPH ( 238 KPH) Since then I've pressed the needle against the stop 4 times but with no GPS so top end is still unknown for mine.
Dave

G

·
I drove past one of those temporary school zone radar guns that shows your speed in big yellow numbers for all to see. . . the speedo was pretty damn accurate on mine. I was going 35 mph, the radar sad 36. I was going to go back later that night and see if it was accurate with speeds over 100 :D

But I chickened out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts