M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed on the freeway, cranked it from 70 to 110 back to 70. After that my speedo would go back and forth lie a tacometer. It did this for about an hour before I shut it down. After I shut it down and restarted it it was all better. I have never had this happen to any other bike. Did I hit the speed limiter? I have since then hit 110 without the same problem. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
There have been a number of unusual things temporarily happen with the electrics of this bike...I think it just gets an electronic version of 'cramp' with the stock parts holding it back and it throws a tantrum.
Most quirks are resolved with the bike being shut down and restarted...(hell my laptop does that crap from time to time).
Just let it rest and whisper promises of 'Synthetic Oil', 'Big Air intakes' and 'demon exhausts' and it will respond almost immediately.
The bikes problems are generally just psychological. :joke:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
since the speedo is reading through a magnetic sensor off the gear box or secondary drive gears the least little bit of metal can make it go wacky. or just one of those little electronic gremlins. I have noticed that when I turn on the key on mine most times the speedo makes the sweep from left to right and back which it is supposed to do being a stepper motor drive. on some occasions it will just jump and go back left. most times shutting it off and then turning it back on takes care of it, think of it as a reboot. :dontknow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts