M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently got blue LED's put into my tach and speedo along with a custom faceplate, from webslinger and bluegauges. The problem I don't like is the bleed through of the LED's with the new faceplate. I have looked at some of the faceplates on here that have the LED's as well and I don't see the bleed through like mine are right now.

My question is: Did you keep the stock faceplate and just put the custom one on top to limit the LED bleed through? If not, what are you using to keep the LED's from bleeding through?

The Tach doesn't have any bleed over, but I did keep the stock tach faceplate installed and I am guessing thats what is keeping from the bleed through.

Just wanted to ask before I just go tearing back into the speedometer again.

I don't do alot of riding at night, but I have OCD issues with the bike, if that makes since?

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
my back plate does bleed thru....I think it depends on the color of the back plates... Mine is Air Force Blue and LED's are blue as well.... Not sure what the fix would be except get a darker color on your back plates.... just my .02 worth... GOOD LUCK ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Just recently got blue LED's put into my tach and speedo along with a custom faceplate, from webslinger and bluegauges. The problem I don't like is the bleed through of the LED's with the new faceplate. I have looked at some of the faceplates on here that have the LED's as well and I don't see the bleed through like mine are right now.

My question is: Did you keep the stock faceplate and just put the custom one on top to limit the LED bleed through? If not, what are you using to keep the LED's from bleeding through?

The Tach doesn't have any bleed over, but I did keep the stock tach faceplate installed and I am guessing thats what is keeping from the bleed through.

Just wanted to ask before I just go tearing back into the speedometer again.

I don't do alot of riding at night, but I have OCD issues with the bike, if that makes since?
Webslinger's faceplates are junk. You get what you paid for. I dished out the extra coin and went with a bluegauges faceplate. Looks like OEM.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Got pics?

I have a webslinger speedo looks and functions just fine.

:pop::pop:
Ill snap some pics later on. My bike is still apart, one of the pieces Im waiting on is the chrome piece that sits on the tank. Give me about an hour or so.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mine bleeds through as well but hey its all good. It is a small detail that could be fixed.
Yep, he sent me 5 plates and they all did the same thing.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Webslinger product is decent enuff for what is is.... Im happy with mine also.....
I agree. For the price is cant be beat but, I just felt it made my bike look cheap.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The guys service alone was worth the few bucks it cost. He was willing to email designs to me for hours to tweak what I wanted. And as far as making my bike look cheap.....how many people have a smiling jester and OH Sh*T on their speedo....hahahahhaha. Most people look at it in the daytime so all is good.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Heres some pics of the bluegauges faceplate....

When I get my bike back together Ill take some pics of it with the lights on. Looks like its an OEM faceplate when its lit up.

Heres what the webslinger faceplate looked like....

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I bought one of VinnieB's faceplates and noticed it bleeds through a little with the stock red LED's. Not enough that I feel like trying to fix it, but I noticed it.

What I noticed more about it was the difference in the numbers. Notice on his pictures how the Bluegauges plate has a small/large number arrangement like the OEM face plate, and the webslinger has them all the same size which scrunches them together. I kind of got used to it but it was noticeable immediately to me.

But Vinnie gave me a good deal so I'm not complaining. :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I bought one of VinnieB's faceplates and noticed it bleeds through a little with the stock red LED's. Not enough that I feel like trying to fix it, but I noticed it.

What I noticed more about it was the difference in the numbers. Notice on his pictures how the Bluegauges plate has a small/large number arrangement like the OEM face plate, and the webslinger has them all the same size which scrunches them together. I kind of got used to it but it was noticeable immediately to me.

But Vinnie gave me a good deal so I'm not complaining. :D
Glad you like it :bigthumbsup: yeah its not as bad with the stock LEDs, the guy at blugauges adds I believe like 3 or 4 more LEDs and he also uses brighter ones comparied to stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts