M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 250-40 tire on the way. Will this throw off the speedo even more than it already is, or will this actually bring it closer to where it should be? The tire will be making fewer revs per mile, so my thinking is it will fix the speedo difference.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
OhioM109R said:
I have a new 250-40 tire on the way. Will this throw off the speedo even more than it already is, or will this actually bring it closer to where it should be? The tire will be making fewer revs per mile, so my thinking is it will fix the speedo difference.
What tire brand?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
OhioM109R said:
Sorry, it's a Dunlop Elite 3. I think it's the exact same tire used on the Victory Hammer.
I ordered the exact same tire. Go to the Dunlop motorcycle tire sight. They have a chart with all the technical data regarding tire diameter, width, speed rating etc. If I recall the overall diameter is almost identical to the stock Dunnie 240/40-R18. The 250/40-R18 is a full 10" wide. I think the difference in diameter will have almost negable effect with the speedo. Both the 109 and Victory Hammer have a 8.5 inch wide rim. The profile of the tire is almost identical except the 250 will flare past the tire rim. I personnally visited a local Victory dealer and did a side by side comparison.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Please let us know if it changes the speedo and take some pics once you get it on. Want to know what I'm gonna replace mine with!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just curious as to what that tire costs if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid $125 shipped from cruisercustomizing.com (backordered till the 16th). And as far as the tire not fitting, that is why I brought up the Victory Hammer.... If it will fit on the Hammer, then it will work on ours. BTW, if I didn't buy this bike I would have a Hammer.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
slickdj96 said:
Just curious as to what that tire costs if you dont mind me asking
Dunnie Elite 3, 250/40-R18......$120.97 with free shipping and no sales tax from directlineparts.com. I additionally bought the Dunnie Elite 3 130/70-R18 for $107.95 from the same folks and same conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts