M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cop:
Post your speed, location (better not be a school zone!), and fine...

Also post what you should have got but got away from because the :cop: liked you (actually your bike)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Only one hassle so far, but no ticket. The light was changing, and I blasted through. The cop was more interested in the bike. First thing he said was nice bike, but it just got you in trouble. I pleaded and explained that the bike is brand new, and I was a little nervous, so without thinking, speeded up to make the light, rather than hard brake.
I told him I drive for a living, and yes, what I did was stupid, and it will never happen again. He said,"Happy Easter", and let me off. Then he started asking me questions about the bike, and I knew he was a good guy.

G

·
none yet ,,but If i keep hammering on it,,sure could happen,,,,but hope not.. 140 on the speedo(wed. evening) ,,would be a GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL...but they would have to catch me first.... :eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done 175 already...

(okay it's km/hr but it's still damn fast)

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
traysvega said:
none yet ,,but If i keep hammering on it,,sure could happen,,,,but hope not.. 140 on the speedo(wed. evening) ,,would be a GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL...but they would have to catch me first.... :eek:
Where you hitting the limiter? I would have to agree about trying to catch you. I don't think they would even try at those speeds, especially from a stop. Have you seen this site? It states that the max speed is 138 mph.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/suzuki/suzuki_boulevard_m109r-ar2646.html

G

·
Didnt hit the limiter...speedo was on 140....dont know...of course ACTAUL speed was prob 130 plus..corrected though...usually there about 5 % off....at the least....Felt like 200 mph.... :D

G

·
When I was driving up to see Lamont in a rental car I was headed up towards Andy Griffiths area - - Mt. Airy, NC. Big four lane country road, early in the morning, no traffic, went around a big sweeping turn and bingo- - - 78 in a 65. $140 but I haven't had a ticket in a long time so its just the cost of doing business.

I violated my rule of having another car ahead of me.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
traysvega said:
Didnt hit the limiter...speedo was on 140....dont know...of course ACTAUL speed was prob 130 plus..corrected though...usually there about 5 % off....at the least....Felt like 200 mph.... :DÂ
Do you remember at what RPM you were at. I can also understand at that speed not looking down as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
130 mph on speedo 6000 on the tach and a lot more ready to go is what i saw, had a victory vegas/ 8ball trying to run
he said he was hitting 120 and i was just plain leaving him. Wish i really did know how fast this will go

G

·
rynosback said:
Do you remember at what RPM you were at. I can also understand at that speed not looking down as well.
No,,sure dont..It wasnt on the limiter though..again it was me that gave up..Gettin alittle braver each ride..Better quit while I'm still alive... :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
pulled out of a store nailed it through first then coasted to stop sign.. looked in mirror and there sat state trooper.. hit his lights i pulled over.. he gets out and says i just wanted to see your bike.... what a relief.. then his phone rings , it was his wife (she was driving by) asking why he pulled me over (apparently she already knew) he said to look at my bike, come to find out he rides too and had never seen bike like that before... i don't mind talking to them when i ain't in trouble

·
Registered
176 Posts
Several years ago (you'll be able to tell in just a second) I bought a new Honda 305 scrambler. It was the first one on the West Coast ( So. Calif,) and I got pulled over at least twice a week for the first four months I owned that bike. So I guess we can all look forward to this on our 109's.

I have two motor officers give me the once over but so far no one has pulled me over. It sunny down here but the wind has been blowing and I don't like riding in a lot of wind. Even a big bike like ours can be pushed around. I dropped a Norton in the wind about 20 years ago and I don't want to repeat that again (the plate in the arm hurts when it rains)!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
was working on my bike last night in the garage. went inside for a min, came out and there's a cop car blocking my driveway with a search light on. i have no idea what he was doing. he saw me and just nodded and moved on.

come to find out 8 bikes have been stolen from my apartment complex in the past 2 weeks. i think maybe he was just keeping an eye out because no one was around it, and it was late. all of the stolen bikes were new, and from the same dealership. sounds kind of suspicious to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
phaed said:
all of the stolen bikes were new, and from the same dealership. sounds kind of suspicious to me.
:eek: - ummm, someone's cutting extra keys. Probably selling them to a ring with the address of the owner. That'll get nailed soon enough - I smell a sting op coming.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts