M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speeding tickets you have got while on you M or any other bike

I am curiouse if anyone has ever gotten a speeding ticket while on there M or any other Bike? Is it hard for the coppers to gun us or what, I'm sure i have flown threw a few speed traps yet I haven't been pulled over, hmm.

With all the twisties in B.C. /Washington/ west Alberta and Parts of Idaho, it just seems the place that bikes don't get speeding tickets, or maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Re: speeding tickets you have got while on you M or any other bike

I havn't picked one up yet. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the focus on bikes, or I've just been lucky.
I also boot around pretty fast most days, and I've wondered if I've been lucky, or they just miss me from time to time.
I have to imagine it's luck. A ticket's a ticket to them.
I do keep a keen eye out for them though, so it's possible, it's not all luck....
:p

·
Registered
924 Posts

I have not gotten one yet, but, was doing 90 passing a guy on SR167 and red and blues :cop: came flying up from the get-on and nailed the guy I was passing. :yikes: I was so greatful to that man I toasted to him @ my next stop :beer3:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Stinky Pinky said:
I have not gotten one yet, but, was doing 90 passing a guy on SR167 and red and blues :cop: came flying up from the get-on and nailed the guy I was passing. :yikes: I was so greatful to that man I toasted to him @ my next stop :beer3:
Ouch. I bet that guy toated you back with a different salute.......

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Stinky Pinky, oh what a hoot! sounds like a great fun ride just missing that ticket maybe he clocked you and thought the other guy was you did he have the same color bike? wow.

·
Registered
600 Posts

I got a ticket last Wednesday :cop: I was getting on I-225 on my way to work. I wasn't even off the on-ramp when he clocked me. He showed the radar readout to me... 94MPH :yikes: He wrote the ticket for 79MPH in a 55MPH zone. $128 :duck: Busted, disgusted and can't be trusted :dontknow: Oh,well... if you're gonna play, sometimes you gotta pay :redfaced:

P.S. Please... no posts about the various ways to try and get out of this. I was wrong by flying around like that on a busy interstate and am being punished accordingly. I just need to reel it in a little until I get away from town and have some room to "breathe" :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Sorry to hear about the ticket. It's a good reminder to play where it's safe.
P.S. 94mph and not even off the ramp. Nice pick up, that must be a black 109 right....

·
Registered
600 Posts

Canuk said:
Sorry to hear about the ticket. It's a good reminder to play where it's safe.
P.S. 94mph and not even off the ramp. Nice pick up, that must be a black 109 right....
It shed it's pupal black shell and came out a beautiful Violet Blue :D

·
Registered
401 Posts

Well I must admit I did something the other day that wasn't to bright. Was coming from the gun range and traffic was heavy on the interstate i was on and then turned on to I-81 and got in to her alittle i was hitting about 95 or so going north and I look up and over a noel was a state trooper going south. he saw me and started to slow, but i didn't, I cranked it up and was gone probably hitting 135 or so. A friend of mine got a ticket that way when he slowed down and the cop told him if you hadn't slowed down I never would have caught you, so that flashed in my head. I admit it was not a bright move ,but it was a rush :D

·
Registered
924 Posts

POOR KIDÂ Â

Â

·
Registered
81 Posts

I haven't got one yet on the M (guess I should ride it more :evil:), when I picked up my ZX12R I got a ticket on the test ride, 110 in a 55Â :eek: big oops, my bad

·
Registered
88 Posts

Been pretty lucky, pulled over four times since April and let off all of them :hot:
Guess it pays to know most of them out this way!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well I must say that it seems the M is a lucky letter, so far so good, we must be a bit invisible to the radar, maybe its the headlight, or maybe the fuzz just doesn't want to bother because half of the boys in blue have Ms themselves, or wish they did, Hey M upsidedown is W for wish I had one! LOL Or because most of the M riders are on the mature side and are much smarter at where and when they spank their pony.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Stinky Pinky said:
Oh I just love this picture when I get my printer fixed or get a new one for Christmas I'll pin it up in the garage, thanks man

·
Registered
36 Posts

I was pulled over about one month after getting the M. I was on a road with a 50MPH speed limit posted. I was cruising along and noticed this plain black Ford Explorer fairly close to my tail. So what do I do, twist the throttle and hit about 75 MPH. Sure enough it was an undercover sheriff vehicle. No way to tell what it was from looking in the mirrors. He pulled me over and was not the nicest of officers. As he was looking at my paperwork, he got a call for an emergency. He told me that he did not have time to deal with me, but would look for me in the future, Nice!! At least no ticket on this day. :cop: :(

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Flyboy88 said:
I was pulled over about one month after getting the M. I was on a road with a 50MPH speed limit posted. I was cruising along and noticed this plain black Ford Explorer fairly close to my tail. So what do I do, twist the throttle and hit about 75 MPH. Sure enough it was an undercover sheriff vehicle. No way to tell what it was from looking in the mirrors. He pulled me over and was not the nicest of officers. As he was looking at my paperwork, he got a call for an emergency. He told me that he did not have time to deal with me, but would look for me in the future, Nice!! At least no ticket on this day. :cop: :(
Yep you got the lucky M. That was just the coolest thing.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Flyboy88 said:
He just wants a better look @ the BAD ASS 9!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts