M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you down loaded speed View to your phone? It's free and gives you 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times. There no reaction time starts when you start moving. Showed 11 flat.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Have any of you down loaded speed View to your phone? It's free and gives you 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times. There no reaction time starts when you start moving. Showed 11 flat.
From what I have seen on many nines, around 12 flat is a real good stock time. You have engine goodies?? FI management and the likes?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
It's all stock don't know how accurate it is but I had a stock 750 in the late 70 that turned high 12 at the track
I would say it is about a second off LOL, and In the 70's i had the H2 kawi 750 2 stroke. 12 seconds FLAT. with only 75 HP, That thing was crazy, trying to keep the front tire on the ground.Real light.....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say it is about a second off LOL, and In the 70's i had the H2 kawi 750 2 stroke. 12 seconds FLAT. with only 75 HP, That thing was crazy, trying to keep the front tire on the ground.Real light.....
I had the Honda 750ss never ran against the Kawasaki 750 but those 500 triple Were fast

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
0 to 60 in 11 flat? :joke:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I had the Honda 750ss never ran against the Kawasaki 750 but those 500 triple Were fast
LOL When I bought my triple, they said it was the last one sold in AZ and they also told me it was the fastest production bike then. I had a person I knew with the 750 honda, he tried several times to prove me wrong, but to no avail LOL I had another person I knew had a 650 BSA, and he built that thing to the hilt. He could keep up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a Guy that I rode with that had the Kawasaki 900 I don't think it would even take the 750 triple. If you still had it it would be a fast bike today

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I had a Guy that I rode with that had the Kawasaki 900 I don't think it would even take the 750 triple. If you still had it it would be a fast bike today
Yes sir,,,,,,,,,,,:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I had one of the H2 750's too. I actually hated the thing, you had to either be on the throttle or out of it to get it to run steady. At a steady cruise it was annoying, like it was waiting to get up and go somewhere.

I remember when I bought it the old guy I got it from warned me about it. He said it was fast, and I really needed to watch it when the other two carbs kicked in. It had expansion chambers on it and I guess he didn't know how they worked. :D

When it did come on the pipe he was right though, you better be hanging on and ready for the front wheel to lift in any of the lower 3 gears. I don't know what it ran in the quarter but it was a pretty quick bike. Not quite as quick as the 81 GS750 that I'd swapped cams on, installed Mikuni smooth bore carbs, and had Jardine headers on, but close. The GS750 ran 10.3 second quarters.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I had one of the H2 750's too. I actually hated the thing, you had to either be on the throttle or out of it to get it to run steady. At a steady cruise it was annoying, like it was waiting to get up and go somewhere.

I remember when I bought it the old guy I got it from warned me about it. He said it was fast, and I really needed to watch it when the other two carbs kicked in. It had expansion chambers on it and I guess he didn't know how they worked. :D

When it did come on the pipe he was right though, you better be hanging on and ready for the front wheel to lift in any of the lower 3 gears. I don't know what it ran in the quarter but it was a pretty quick bike. Not quite as quick as the 81 GS750 that I'd swapped cams on, installed Mikuni smooth bore carbs, and had Jardine headers on, but close. The GS750 ran 10.3 second quarters.
LOL Nice Mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were wheel lifters for sure, And they were made to get it on all the time, dats ture also. And those GS 750 was the hottest thing at the track for many years. No wonder you sound so viral on the phone LOL

Denco are masters of the triple and making power, I had their pipes with K&N's was all with some re jetting . One could do a swap with them, send in your engine and they would send you 140HP triple. I can't remember if they built that power with just more cylinder porting or reed valves, My dirt bike had a reed valve and that thing was like ya hit the NOS, all the sudden it was gone.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Depends on the year of the 750. The first year ('72) was the quickest (rated at 74 HP), but by the 2nd model year emmision controls started cutting back on power. By the time the '74 model rolled out they were down about 6-8 HP compared to the '72 model. I had a '73 900 and I raced several of the 750s. The '72 was slightly quicker up to about 120 or so where the 900 had a higher top speed. My buddy had a '73 750 and it was dead even with my 900 up to about 120, where again the 900 had the higher top speed. The '74 and newer models wouldn't keep up with the 900 at all, but they were all quicker than the Honda 750s, mainly because they had a much higher power to weight ratio. The one thing I remember about my buddy's '73 is it would wheelie like a dirt bike. It would wheelie in all 5 gears! That thing was a trip to ride!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

We used to have a saying about the old Kaw triples; they were either boggin' or boilin'! The magic RPM for my buddy's 750 was 3500; below that it was boggin', above that and you'd better be holdin on! My 500 trpile was the same way only that RPM was 5000.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Depends on the year of the 750. The first year ('72) was the quickest (rated at 74 HP), but by the 2nd model year emmision controls started cutting back on power. By the time the '74 model rolled out they were down about 6-8 HP compared to the '72 model. I had a '73 900 and I raced several of the 750s. The '72 was slightly quicker up to about 120 or so where the 900 had a higher top speed. My buddy had a '73 750 and it was dead even with my 900 up to about 120, where again the 900 had the higher top speed. The '74 and newer models wouldn't keep up with the 900 at all, but they were all quicker than the Honda 750s, mainly because they had a much higher power to weight ratio. The one thing I remember about my buddy's '73 is it would wheelie like a dirt bike. It would wheelie in all 5 gears! That thing was a trip to ride!
yup,,,,,,,,,,,, mine was a 72......

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a '79 KZ1000.....bought it from a friend in 1983. Gave it to my 2nd oldest son 2 years ago. He crashed it. Luckily he didn't get any serious injuries. The bike was not so lucky. Never clocked any times on it, it had some serious get-up-& go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts