M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I will catch hell for this one. I love my M109 and love the power it has but after reading different post/threads about our bike is faster then ...................... or that, I just have to laugh to myself and say Who the f**k really cares. A few years ago I bought a busa, at the time I needed that and wanted to race anyone and everyone but that is why I bought a busa, now (since last April) I am the proud owner of a M109 and when someone pulls up to the light and revs theirs , I just look over at them with a sarcastic sh*t eating grin on my face and give them a no-interest wave. Maybe at age 50 I just got old and mellowed out before my time ::) I have a good looking bike, it has more then enough power it draws small crowds where ever I park it what more can a person ask for ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
Mad Dog said:
I know I will catch hell for this one. I love my M109 and love the power it has but after reading different post/threads about our bike is faster then ...................... or that, I just have to laugh to myself and say Who the f**k really cares. A few years ago I bought a busa, at the time I needed that and wanted to race anyone and everyone but that is why I bought a busa, now (since last April) I am the proud owner of a M109 and when someone pulls up to the light and revs theirs , I just look over at them with a sarcastic sh*t eating grin on my face and give them a no-interest wave. Maybe at age 50 I just got old and mellowed out before my time ::) I have a good looking bike, it has more then enough power it draws small crowds where ever I park it what more can a person ask for ;)
Age breeds wisdom! I turned 58 yesterday and I share your sentiments. I think the 9 provides a nice adrenalin rush in stock form. I've done the side mount mod, relocated the stock tail lights, have a Venom R 250 on the rear and built a custom Big Air! As you have said, this bike turns heads and creates a ton of questions from onlookers wherever you go! I personally applaud all the folks who are sharing their efforts to "squeeze" every last hp form their bikes but I've decided to keep some things stock! I owned a VTX 1800/C before my nine and that was a powerful machine. I bought the 9 because of the wide tire "pro street look" and am satisfied with the performance from the monster motor. Bottom line is it's your machine so mod it as you must :bigthumbsup:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Don't drink, don't do drugs but I like fast bikes. :D A man's got to have something to let him know he's still alive. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Lamonster said:
Don't drink, don't do drugs but I like fast bikes. :D A man's got to have something to let him know he's still alive. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
AMEN to that :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Lamonster said:
Don't drink, don't do drugs but I like fast bikes. :D A man's got to have something to let him know he's still alive. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
No hang-over and she still looks as good the next morning as she did the night before...and is ready to go again! Since I quit the drugs and drinking 15 years or so ago...Nothing has given me the high that this, my first bike, has when I peg the speedo. Going faster IS a drug..and addictive! And legal...sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
Just turning 53 this month. Own a 05 Vette, 05 Rune and a 109. Just love the rush once in a while. Been 138 in the vette with the top down, 110 with the Rune and 120 with the 9. Like I said once in a while to waken the senses....  ::)
 
G

·
I am not sure Speed is important but acceleration is a must.  I have no interest in going 200 mph on a bike but 0-100 in 9 seconds that is what I am talking about for sure.  :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
By my reply to this thread, I mean no offense to those seeking the most HP or modding their 109. The 50s ages has nothing to do with it, just so y'all know. I turned 34, 7 days before getting my 109, I just had a not-at-fault crash this past April on my 2005 CBR600RR <-- I had the digital speedodometer at 157 mph once and another time 154. The 11 months I had it, I rode fast everywhere. Since getting the 109 in September and putting 2500 miles on it since, I now take the "long" way home almost everytime I ride it and I'm in no "hurry" to get there and home just so y'all know is my favorite place to be, although I have had the 109 up to 130 mph (with my Rifle windshield on, and didn't stay in the throttle as long as I did the RR) although most of the time I just put around and enjoy seeing the folks heads turn to take their second look at the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I'm with ya Mad Dog. I get a kick out of folks talking about meeting at the Harley dealer with the 109s to see what response it'll provoke. That kills me; like ayone is gonna look twice. Why not rally at the Suzuki dealer? Oh yeah, I forgot, those places only sell the bikes. As we all know half the dealerships can't even fill the crankcase with oil correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
I don't laugh at the people who want to squeeze every last bit of potential power out of their bikes, but I do tire of the put-downs aimed at those of us who just want to dress our Ms up a little and call it good ::) After being clocked at 94MPH :cop: coming down an on-ramp the day before Thanksgiving, I think my M is plenty fast/quick as-is :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
raw_taz said:
I am not sure Speed is important but acceleration is a must. I have no interest in going 200 mph on a bike but 0-100 in 9 seconds that is what I am talking about for sure. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
[/q uote] you are correct sir :a18:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Don't drink, don't do drugs but I like fast bikes. Grin A man's got to have something to let him know he's still alive.
never trust a man without a vice

Speed, is it really that important?
the answer is yes. this is a performance cruiser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
I guess I just like the idea that I know the acceleration available when or if I want it. I also love the idea of dressing up my bike...I mean ..hey it's my bike! I'm 50 and getting there is what it's all about...that I'm in no big hurry doing it is just the way I am, but I'll rise to a challenge on occassion...hehehhe :doorag: :evil: Smokeum if the make ya :bigthumbsup:

Devilish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I got this bike solely for the potential it has in the aftermarket, it's useless as tits on a bull to me stock.
But I guess that goes for all my bikes :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
Its the GITTY-UP.......Not the top end for me. 128 is fast enough for me.  My goal is to come home after every ride!  (As per my kids) ;)
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top