M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding the other day and noticed what look like smear marks on my spedometer cover. After a closer look they are on the underside of the clear plastic cover. Looks like maybe when it was being assembeled someone didnt clean it very well. Does anyone know if there is a way to get to this to clean it?

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Yes, get a new one. Have your dealer take a look at it and have them contact Suzuki on your behalf. Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem, I went to the dealer and it is ordered. It looked like dust had built up on dirt, but they where scratches.......
if any of you have this problem don't wait , get it done now.

G

·
I have the same problem. I thought I scrached the cover somehow so I ordered a cover. Upon closer inspection I found that it's not on the top it's inside. I'm glad you guys posted this. Looks like it's gonna turn to Warranty :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have it too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took mine apart last Saturday because of the same issue you guys are describing. It appears whoever assembled the speedometer attempted to clean the inside of the lens with acetone or a similar chemical. I called Suzuki this morning and they said to return to the dealer for warranty replacement. I suppose a backorder is in our future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts