M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there got tunes on their ride yet? I am strongly considering the rumble road setup with the internal amps, but one site I found said that the internal amp's were pretty much useless. I only found this on one site, but I only really found one review as well. I would like to hear how other like or dislike them and how they are at speed. I ride to work daily, and just to make things easy to get on post, i wear a full face helmet. Currently I am running my ipod in my tank bag, and headphones into my ears, but I am getting tired of the phones falling out and with no way to fix them while the helmet is on. I would really like some kind of waterproof handlebar mounted case for the ipod and some speakers running at least a little power so I can hear with all the wind. any thoughts or pictures would be great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
seconded, and speakers that don't look like huge ass ufo's on our bars too.

Hell if lamont can put a nav system on we should be able to grab some speakers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look nice, seem to be very new if they are even out yet. I would like to see if anyone has these or the rumble roads to hear the sound quality at speed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Those are made by a company called Two Wheel Tunes. If Hal doesn't have a line on them then try Iron Door Cycles, they sell through their e-Bay store for between $380-$440. Also here's a guy who has a set installed on his bike, might shoot him an e-mail and see what he thinks. If you need to look at a set first then you could always contact TWT and see if they are shipping to a vendor near you.

Personally I'd sooner duct tape those headphones to my head than pay that kinda money for speakers.

http://www.2wheeltunes.com/

http://www.irondoorcycles.com/

[email protected]

·
Registered
214 Posts
if you won't too 'listen' to tunes, buy a G~D Goldwing, save your money and buy some pipes, and pay attention to the road... :joke:

G

·
I use the MP3 player as well. Got a Nano for my BD with a set of ear phones that go in the ear. Absolutely, love them. Wife got me a cover for the Nano that hooks onto my belt clip and that way I don't lose it or forget it somewhere. Gotta have my tunes.

·
Registered
898 Posts
wonder what those speakers sound like... if the sound is = to the price i would definitely consider them... i don't wear headphones or earplug types while riding... it would drowned out other things that i need to hear... i do enjoy listening to tunes... i am use to my system in my truck and at the house ... hell even my computer has a 500 watt 5.1 system with a 10" sub that can shake the house... lol when i listen to a clip of someones pipes it likes the bike is in the house  :bigthumbsup:

hav'nt looked at motorcycle type stuff in a while though cause most of its junk... speakers to me or like pipes ... if you can't piss off the neighbors with'em you might as well throw'em away...

khrome

G

·
I built a system for my old Vulcan cruiser around this 300 watt mini amp and an Ipod Nano. The amp fit into my toolbox on the vulcan, haven't tried it on the 109.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...tegoryZ35594QQihZ013QQitemZ230005549714QQrdZ1

Mounted two 4" Sony Xplod's inside spotlight housings and bolted them on the bars. It looked good on the old fat bagger, but wouldn't look too good on the fine 109.

It looked something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRO...QQihZ001QQcategoryZ35571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemÂ

Only difference was I didn't cover the cones with a grill, I left them exposed (red cones with chrome tweeters, looked great).

I'm still looking for smaller speakers that can handle at least 100 watts. Nothin' yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like to hear some opinions about the sound of the 2 wheel tunes ones and the runble road ones too. I figured this would turn into a "get some pipes" thing and it sure did for a while there. This bike is my daily driver to work and would like to hear some tunes the daily ride rather than loud pipes all the time. With the music at least I can have a choice to hear something loud or not hehe. I do like the idea of pipes, and will get them at some point.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use the ipod as well. I have a bra on my bike. I put Velcro on the bra and on the back of a leather ipod cover so I can take my ipod out when I'm through riding. I like having the ipod right in front of me so I can switch songs or turn the volume down without taking my eyes off the road for to long! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought the nano but, took it back when I found out that I could buy a 30 gig for the same price as the 8 gig! :dontknow: Didn't make any sense to me about the price.I'll probably never use all of it but, for the same price I can watch videos and lots of other features! I had been thinking about xm or Sirius but, I figured it would be nice to listen to my songs!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts