M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do the members here do if they want to listen to their I-Pod?
I wear a half-helmet and my earphones are sheeit. should I mount speakers or get some expensive earphones. Please help, photos of speaker would help too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finishing up one of my winter mods, i'm having 2 4' pioneers installed in my headlight and 2 3.5' MA Audio speakers custom installed in my side fairings. All this is being ran off a Nitro 4 way 300 watt amp. Running off a I pod, will post pics soon.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Got the fairing with Sony X-plode stereo and 2- 5" bass speakers and 2- tweeters, and 2 -5" coaxial speakers. Sounds great.

When i take off the fairing, I use my Tank bag Stereo's.
They sound great too.
One has a media player, and the other has a 500 watt Amp and plays your I-pod

PM me if you want more info

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL Only thing I want to hear when I ride, is my 9, LOL

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Got the fairing with Sony X-plode stereo and 2- 5" bass speakers and 2- tweeters, and 2 -5" coaxial speakers. Sounds great.

When i take off the fairing, I use my Tank bag Stereo's.
They sound great too.
One has a media player, and the other has a 500 watt Amp and plays your I-pod

PM me if you want more info
500 watt Amp :eek: u think thats enough? :joke:

The wind noise + engine noise = music to my ears! :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's 500 Watts PEAK. Probably only 200 Watts RMS. lol
Can't have enough power, kinda like our bikes.:drool:

Nothing better than blasting tunes while your blasting down the road chasing Squirrel, halfdome, yamadog, badapl and the rest on the Pismo run.

We were WFO for a few times and I could still hear it just fine.

Long Live Rock!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
I use a pair of BlueTooth in ear earbuds that hook to my Ipod so no wires. The unit clips to my shirt and is out of the way. They sound pretty good but no matter what you get make sure you go into your Itunes and raise the volume level on all your songs. That will give you extra volume for road noise being that the Iphone/Ipod have max control volumes on them. This will bypass that to a certain extent. As a side note, you can also hook this little BlueTooth unit to any 5mm speakers in your house and play wireless that way as well. Pretty cool little gadget. Battery charge is about 8 hrs of play time.

·
Registered
947 Posts
+1 on the earfuze product. Got them at the beginning of the season and they have worked really well. They custom fit to your ears and do a good job at blocking out the wind noise. I find myself wearing them now even if I'm not listening to music. I'm sure there are fancier setups out there but I think these were around $50 to your door and worth every penny!

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts