M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking to install an IPOD amp & speakers. There's enough room to mount the speaker on the left side of the handlebars but not the right side. The brake fluid reservoir is in the way. Is there another solution or a way around this besides getting smaller speakers?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
445 Posts
don't know what speakers you have but here are mine. you might wanna post a pic of your speakers and i'm sure guys on here will have some ideas for you.i hear good up to about 80 mph with these.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought this PYLE system off ebay but I had to buy larger handle bar mounts to make them fit on the right side.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
that is correct B but if you check around...i think i paid about 265 and if i'm not mistaken you have to order the 1 1/4 not the 1''
That's still pretty pricey in my book.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
pretty much what i said at first but, saw and heard them on a friend of mines and well didnt want his bike getting more attention than mine!...lol
LOL good stuff.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looking to install an IPOD amp & speakers. There's enough room to mount the speaker on the left side of the handlebars but not the right side. The brake fluid reservoir is in the way. Is there another solution or a way around this besides getting smaller speakers?

Thanks,

Joe
I'm in the process of mounting my new system onto my M. It's a Lanzar 700W system and IT'S LOUD!!!!! I couldn't believe the price and the volume when I powered it up on the bench and connected my XM radio to it. I will be posting the How-To when I'm all done. Here are some pics for now:

I got it for $143 on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-OPTIMC90-Motorcycle-Snowmobile-Weatherproof/dp/B003HH96IU

One thing: It only has 1" bar clamps. You'll have to find a 1 1/4" bar clamp to mount the speakers. I'm hiding the amp under the front headlight nacelle.

I'll be mounting the speakers on my windshield brackets:

Once I finish the install, probably by this weekend, I'll be posting the How-To.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have the same Lanzar as Munster. Little different mount. Mine goes on a plate that slips under the mirror nut and you tighten it down.

AMP is mounted in the headlight thingie. Sounds great. The only drawback is you have to adjust volume by hand a lot as when you slow down it is blasting loud from the highway runs.

But you have NO PROBLEM hearing them, even at highway speed with a full helmet on.

·
Registered
696 Posts
what size are those speakers
3" diameter and 4 1/4" in length.

I would highly recommend this set. Under $150 with free shipping...you can't go wrong.

I researched all over the net for an affordable set that looked good. The Kury set was my first choice, but this set is so much cheaper and LOUDER!

Below is a pic of my layout. There is enough room to mount the speakers behind the windshield. But, as M109Blondie mentioned, there are chrome mirror mounts that you can use to mount them off of your mirror stems.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I went w/ the shark audio, 250 watt w/ remote. 101.00 shipped

Click pic below

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Thanks, not everyone likes the look, but I like the tunes!!! It doesn't look quite so over powering since putting on the V-stream shield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went w/ the shark audio, 250 watt w/ remote. 101.00 shipped

Click pic below
I also have the Shark System...but mine is the 100 watt setup. It sounds great!! No complaints at all with it...easy install, clear sound, and not bad looking speaker/amp components. My amp is mounted between the risers under the bar, and the speakers are mounted with the $13 bracket clamps you can buy seperate. Can easily be put on in an hour or so, and then you're rockin:doorag:! I think the website is www.gooddeals18.com.

Check them out! Well worth the money.....:bigthumbsup:

SL8ON

1 - 20 of 28 Posts