M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got four Bosh Platinum +4 sparkplugs left over from a tune I have done to one of my cars about a year ago, I bought too many. They are brand new still in the box. I was wondering if I can use them on my bike or do I need to buy some special bike plugs.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Get the right plug. If it crosses over to the correct NGK part number then your good, but I doubt it will.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Yeah, don't just screw them in there and hope they work. They have to be the same thread, same length, and within the recommended heat range. You can screw the engine up good using the wrong type of plug in it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
spark plugs

I have got four Bosh Platinum +4 sparkplugs left over from a tune I have done to one of my cars about a year ago, I bought too many. They are brand new still in the box. I was wondering if I can use them on my bike or do I need to buy some special bike plugs.
Try taking them back to the same store and see if they will take them back for a set that will match what you need in your m109. Sometimes they will.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I did not know this about our plugs

NGK spark plug for the M109. 4 required. FREE SHIPPING. Select the heat range you require.
Multi-ground Some combustion chamber designs (such as a rotary motor) require that the spark plugs have the ground electrode placed to the side of the center electrode rather than below as on a traditional plug. This firing tip design tends to erode the tip of the ground electrode faster than a traditional plug, erosion at these points creates a larger gap between the center and ground electrodes causing plug misfire. Thus by having more ground electrodes you extend plug life. It is important to note that multi-ground does not mean multi-spark, there will still only be one spark at a time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts