M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my spark plugs and fuel filter changed and WOOOOh :yikes: what a difference!!! The Hesitation is gone, noticeable improvement in Power and Responsiveness. Feels like my bike just woke up and is now running again like a BEAST!!! I might add that this change was done at approx 16K miles and my fuel filter was tar black. I believe the recommended interval for changing plugs is 8K. Highly recommend this maintenance for plugs and fuel filter.

Thx Pup :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Thanks Nashty, Thats what I wanted to hear. I'm almost at 50,000 and she started all back about 5,00 miles ago. I changed the plugs not long ago, It was a little better. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
About time you did some maintenance. :D :p :joke: :bigthumbsup:
Yea huh? :joke: My way of thinking is to leave it alone if its running good.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I changed the fuel filter at 11,000, and yes it makes a difference if the original is glopped up. Don't get all excited about the plugs though. Mine have 14,000 on them and she still runs great. I am sticking to my 20,000 mile interval for bike plug changes. Its worked well for me since around 1977.

I have no idea why Suzuki recommends these plugs be changed at that low a mileage? But at the price they get for them, it is probably nothing but profit.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yep, fuel filter at 17K....within 3 miles of anyway...
I'd like to change out the spark plugs, that might be next...but this bike runs better than it did the day that I bought it and it had less than 3 miles on it then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts