M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a VA meeting in June but is there a southern meeting? I am going to try to make the VA trip but that is a bit far for me.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That would be cool if there was one at each corner. And one in the middle for the mid westerners. Being that I live in SC I'd be game for the southern one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well maybe we need to work on that. There are some goods roads in the south to ride. I think we need to make this happen.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Meets

3DDIM - Central (Eureka Springs, AR) Spring
MAM - East (Staunton VA) Summer
Internalional - West (Las Vegas, NV) Late summer / early fall

These are the three regional meets that I know about. I'm sure there are more.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we need there input. I have also heard the roads there are great. Some bar towns too. Speak up GA......we need to have a good group to start this moving.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's start with a time of year. Get into April maybe. GA tell us some nice weather where the women can lighten up the clothes and we all won't be dressed like eskimos

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'd be in! Maybe bobbymac, georgiaroller, lucky06 and myself need to put our heads together and see what we can come up with that doesnt conflict with the other meets.
I'll start! How about sometime in april? we could take over a hotel or something around Murphy N.C. That would be close to Helen and blairsville. Not too far from the Dragon and all of those great roads around it. We could even slip over into my neck of the woods for a day. Can you guys tell I've been thinking about this? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
3DDIM - Central (Eureka Springs, AR) Spring

These are the three regional meets that I know about. I'm sure there are more.
Is there a new 3DDIM scheduled for next year, yet? That one I could easily make.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'd be in! Maybe bobbymac, georgiaroller, lucky06 and myself need to put our heads together and see what we can come up with that doesnt conflict with the other meets.
I'll start! How about sometime in april? we could take over a hotel or something around Murphy N.C. That would be close to Helen and blairsville. Not too far from the Dragon and all of those great roads around it. We could even slip over into my neck of the woods for a day. Can you guys tell I've been thinking about this? :bigthumbsup:
360 miles (6 hour ride) to Murphy, NC from Charleston, SC. I'd jump on that

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
When is the Eureka springs ark. One?

QUOTE=STL-TIGER;1388209]3DDIM - Central (Eureka Springs, AR) Spring

These are the three regional meets that I know about. I'm sure there are more.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Realistically we could move it a bit more toward the south. There is a decent group o 9'rs in south Florida. That would be a hell of a long way. Just want to get as many people as we can.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Is that town pretty cool....bars and restaurants...
Murphy is in the middle of nowhere. Sorry. BUT the roads are great. :bigthumbsup:
Im not officially one of the Georgia guys but my opinion of these guys, ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDING! food is cool too!
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Bobby! or Nathan! or Chad!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
We meet in Daytona twice a year for Bike Week and Biketoberfest at the Winghouse. I know it's not M109-specific, but I"ve met quite a few members there.

-JOsh

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Murphy is in the middle of nowhere. Sorry. BUT the roads are great. :bigthumbsup:
Im not officially one of the Georgia guys but my opinion of these guys, ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDING! food is cool too!
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Bobby! or Nathan! or Chad!:bigthumbsup:
First off I know I would and others in GA would consider you a part of the GA Gang. We would just say we adopted you but either way your loved like a family member! :D

Murphy NC is in the middle of nowhere but like you said it's all about hanging out and riding some awesome roads so that doesn't really matter. I would have to look at the area a little harder before I know for sure but I trust your judgement.

We usually try to do at least a 3 day event in May and again in September or October but April could work for a spring date but there usually is a higher chance of showers during that month but who knows anymore with the way the weather has been lately. But on the flip side it gives a little bit of a gap between that meeting and the June annual meet that maybe a few others can do both without it interfering with their schedule. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I know there is a VA meeting in June but is there a southern meeting? I am going to try to make the VA trip but that is a bit far for me.
I will be doing my 3rd annual "I will ride for food" in May you are more than welcome:bigthumbsup: Good time good food.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts