M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a blue 109 haven't got it yet. Not really looking for new bike but had a Intruder 1500 with a leaky recalled gas tank with no tanks around to fix it. Sounds like you guys love your 109's. Did I make the right choice? I went with the blue one didn't see it in person now I am thinking I should have went black. How does the blue look in person for any of you that have one?

·
Registered
817 Posts
OPUS said:
I just bought a blue 109 haven't got it yet. Not really looking for new bike but had a Intruder 1500 with a leaky recalled gas tank with no tanks around to fix it. Sounds like you guys love your 109's. Did I make the right choice? I went with the blue one didn't see it in person now I am thinking I should have went black. How does the blue look in person for any of you that have one?
My dealer had one of each and I thought the blue was by far the nicest color. Looks the most "custom". Pops out the most in the sunlight. Makes a good contrast with the chrome to make those parts stand out. Chicks really dig it too.

I just didn't see the charm in buying such a far-out, radically new design and going with a ho-hum color like black. The blue really shouts "Hey, I'm different!" to me at least.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
All of them are nice..I have silver...I think you see more "lines" with a light color...with the sun shining and a few coats of wax...it looks "Blinggy" .

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wanted said:
My dealer had one of each and I thought the blue was by far the nicest color. Looks the most "custom". Pops out the most in the sunlight. Makes a good contrast with the chrome to make those parts stand out. Chicks really dig it too.

I just didn't see the charm in buying such a far-out, radically new design and going with a ho-hum color like black. The blue really shouts "Hey, I'm different!" to me at least.
The black actually has a lot of metalic in it. I used it for the base on the new paint. I added gold flake over it but you can see the depth with the candy over it.

It is a great bike you should love it!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
All the colors are nice. I have a silver one. The bike itself is whats impressing. Its sleek look and outragous power is what is amazing. Good choice in geting one you will enjoy it

·
Registered
422 Posts
We have the option of black or black down here.
I haven't seen the blue then obviously but was considering a paint scheme sort of similar to the Cobra show bike with a centre section down the tank and rear guard (leave front) in the blue with a silver stripe between the blue and black.
Trying to imagine how it would look.
Not really into flames so looking for something hopefully stylish.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
well i have a blue one also and it is hard to say how it looks except for WOW when i first seen it i really thought it was a purple not blue but depends on how the sun hits it the color will dance if that make sense i think it was lamonster who call it a bpurple or something like that..........but everyone including HD riders really love the color of my bike hope that helps..............if you like a color that flops you will really like it

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Burple is the best!! I've had mine for little over a week now and EVERYONE Loves the color. It is usually one of the first things out of their mouth once they stop drooling! I hope you like attention cause you're gonna get it! Can't take this bike anywhere without it causing a scene!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts