M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tokk the 9 to the shop to have some warrenty work done like fix the leak in the drive shaft and replace the fuel gauge sensor and now the the bike is whinning like a siren.Ok um it goes like this when I take off though the gears the noise is not apparent till I let off the gas then it starts to whine also when down shifting slowing down its whinning when I pull the clutch lever in it stops,never had this happen before,what could this be?:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It sounds like you have a leak at the air intake boxes or maybe the main air box. Try moving the air intakes and hoses around when you hear the noise again and see if it changes pitch or goes away. Or just take it back to the dealer, they evidently caused something to change.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since the drive shaft was being worked on, I would look in that direction. If a seal was being replaced in either end of the driveshaft, it's possible that the backlash was set incorrectly in either the secondary bevel gears or rear hub, depending where the leak was. Both gear sets require shim adjustment. Gear whining is the result of misadjustment. Also, make sure the rear hub has oil. Hope this helps.

·
Radio Active Member
27,682 Posts
If it was not does it when you took it in, take it back to them. It is under warranty right?

G

·
The bevel gears in the drive line can whine under deceleration if they are

1. new
2. miss aligned
3. dry

Make sure they did the job right and didn't drain the differential and forget to put gear lube back in it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when I picked it up i went back because of the whinning and had the test ride it and said it was normal when slowing downand I know it isn't never did it before

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Let us know how you make out Racer 50. I hate guessing games.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts