M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a VTX 1800. I don't care for the way it sounds even though I have tied many exhausts. I Love that new M109 R, but I haven't heard it yet, Can anyone give me a video or sound clip of it?
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow
That does sound better then my VTX
I was affraid because the M109r also uses the split pin crank, it would sound just like the X, this is going to make it hard for me to keep from buying one.
Thanks

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Man im suprised I thought you would already have some pipes on your bike other than the stockers :D I figured you where holdin out till ya got her on the dyno :D
Well my FI2000 should be here tomorrow and I can't remember when the pipes were suppose to ship but I think it was next week if I remember right.

·
Registered
525 Posts
nice :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The bike sounds great from the factory but I definately want to add some pipes that have some bite to them! Would love to hear after you get some on Lamont! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I want to say mine's getting louder and sounds great. I'm nervous about making it louder mostly because there are some places in the rev range that don't sound so good to me, like particularly at idle. I've heard it referred to as a parallel twin with a miss. I'd hate to amplify that sound. On the other hand, you guys are more experienced with metric cruisers than me, so if you say it'll sound great, who am I to argue. I think the HD and Duc set the standard for me. I did have an RC-51 and loved the way it sounded, but I'm not sure that sound would be right for a cruiser. I would have to hear a 109 with pipes before I'd ever spend the money. I would appreciate lighter weight and a bit more power too for the money. I like the stockers, but they are BIG. BTW, Has anyone else noticed the pressure change in your ears with the engine stroke at a stop light? Weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts