M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone who has drilled their baffles and pipes post up a sound clip, please...

I did a search and did not find anything...sound clip or video either way...

thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
I did a search and did not find anything...sound clip or video either way...
Huh? Go to the How To Step By Step thread, and you will see my post 4 lines down titled "Cutting Inner Baffle Walls from Stock Pipes (Video)" The tech forum also has a 4 page thread titled "Stock pipe Mod" that is currently 2 lines down from top (my videos are also on page 3 of that thread). :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, I will look for it...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
next time instead of the verbal directions go to the actual thread and right click it and click copy shortcut and then do a reply and right click and paste it :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Yeah, I know how to do that, but do we really need to spoon feed each other around here. I directed him to the How To thread thinking he may look around and find some other useful threads. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for everything!!!!

not sure if I want to do this...not sure on the sound

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
not sure if I want to do this...not sure on the sound
I can promise you that the sound is very nice. Much deeper/throatier than stock, yet not obnoxious at all. Unless you absolutely love the muted/muffled sound of the stock pipes, I highly recommend you at least drill holes in the end plates, or if you have a 12" extension, just drill out the inner baffle walls. They are much much easier to drill out than putting 8 holes around each pipe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey man, I've heard a bike that drilled out the plates.  Sounds loud and very noticeable.  Not my particular taste though.  My buddy bought an m109  four days after I bought mine since he loved it so much.  He drilled his upper and lower outer plates (8 holes ,3/8 inch each in each outer plate).  He brought it by and when I heard it crank I was in love.  I road it and it sounded awesome.  It gave the bike much more character and a unique growl.  The next day I drilled mine (6 holes, 7/16 inch each, upper and lower pipes) I wanted mine to be slightly different and yet they still sound reasonably similar.  Mine is slightly quieter but still very aggresive sounding but not overly deafening like many bikes.  I think it defines the bikes ability yet still keeps it enjoyable to listen to, especially when you pop that throttle.  Man I get goose bumps.  An added bonus is that it turns more heads, like it even needs the help.  You'll enjoy it I promise.  I own the blurple and my buddy owns the black.  Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts