M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of threads of pics to read...
I have been trying to keep up...

Do we have results for the drag races?
did Hal ever Dyno his bike?
Did JR or any of the track pak pack??

hmmmmm

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
we already said we were not posting ANY results at the dyno or at the track.....that being said ,JR and I weren't able to make it to the track on the morning runs, JR was burnt out and feeling really ruff ,but was a trooper all weekend and is paying for it hard right now.....we did, however, make it there in the afternoon and ran well for the most part,not sure about Hal and the others but remember , Hal had to ride his back home too! It would suck to break something and have to bum a trailer ride home !!!
Okay..but realize how hard y'all are gonna make it on me. I'm gonna have to ride down there w/ y'all so we can all go to the track together so I can see your numbers in person. :bigthumbsup:

Oh, and I want to do this before I get my 109....and then again after so I can get the track pack live! :evil:

G

·
I have been under heavy medication to try and get rid of my dynoitis illness.

As soon as I get the final exhaust mounted and the final MAP on the bike I will Dyno it and determine the winner for the HP guessing contest.  But I won't be blasting it all over this site.  Too many folks don't seem to understand the limitations of the dyno and try to compare things that can't be compared.  So I have decided that posting dyno numbers confuses more people than it helps.  Just my personal opinion.

The phone call that put me over the edge was when a VTX owner wanted to know what the big deal was with the M109 when his basic stock VTX had 118HP. I tried to explain rear wheel versus crankshaft HP but it only confused him more. He swore he had it dynoed to get that number. At that moment I realized that it didn't matter what I said. He was gonna believe what he wanted to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
J R said:
The people that where there and went riding together ( alot of us )had alot of fun and got along great and didnt care bout any of this and know what bikes where strong or the strongest but didnt care.This board has people that talk alot of crap on it on line or stir up crap on here or brag but when in person everyone got along great and there was no bull talk like on here AT ALL ::) .As far as riding ability and winning ability and strongest bike it was real real clear period who has there :edit: together and who dont as far as performance and riding and the strongest bike by a long shot Some things dont need to be said.It dont matter ,we all had fun anyone talking smack now ::) should have spoke up in Daytona that they where worried about who was king or even showed up ::) rather then sit on the net and talk trash. we could have let them know really quick instead of talking smack on the internet now but why worry bout it.You wherent there I guess ya missed out.If You where there and kept quiet like a mouse or didnt race or even sign up to ::) then I think thats enough said...We all had a great time and it was fun and it was great meeting everyone there I liked everyone and thought it was a really great group of guys but NOBODY seemed to want to challenge anyone face to face or on the street or dyno so dont bother with the smack talk now after the fact alot of us that where there know what happened on the street ect We did have a lot of fun and there where even a few 1000 sportbikes and highend Harleys ect that got killed by the 109 in street brawls. :bigthumbsup: All and all the 109,s ran great and where and are a super fun bike to ride and we had tons of fun in the twisties from Toneout draggin his pegs and showing us the killer roads to IT guy and his wild riding to the burnouts at the barbeque we all had fun and didnt care if one bike was faster then another there where guys there with stock bikes that had just as much fun as the guys there with alot of power...I think some of you guys should stop worrying about h.p and just enjoy the bike cause theres some of ya that ya could give ya 500 h.p and ya would still lose to a stock 109.A dyno sheet dont mean much if ya cant ride the bike...Just enjoy the bike and the freindships that are made here.Thats the real beauty here....Freinds....... Good riding with all you guys and the ones I didnt Ill catch up with next time :bigthumbsup: It was really good meeting everyone.You guys where all cool top notch guys :bigthumbsup:
With that said, it sound like all that were present had a great time... Well, said Jr. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very dissappointing you guys are shy of posting numbers, for whatever reason. i think numbers are a very important part of getting all that we can out of this bike.

G

·
phaed said:
very dissappointing you guys are shy of posting numbers, for whatever reason. i think numbers are a very important part of getting all that we can out of this bike.
Not shy, just tired of all the piling on that occurs.

If I said I had 134HP what would that mean?

What if I said I had 144 HP? 154HP?

I sit here and take the phone calls and I realize how confused people are.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
phaed said:
very dissappointing you guys are shy of posting numbers, for whatever reason. i think numbers are a very important part of getting all that we can out of this bike.
I'll keep posting my numbers as I do mods and you guys can argue if they are real of not. ;) I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going in the right direction. :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
JR,yer right! Dyno numbers,ect. don't really mean squat! The ONLY way to get the results,are take the bike out to the track,run it ,and look at the time slips Period. There are too many variables,to figure in. The average rider can't use 100% of the power,the bike puts out,  you can put a skilled rider on a slower bike,and a average rider on a hot bike,and I'll put most of my money on the slower bike. Most people don't understand this! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
well for what its worth i belive what lamont and jr andhal are saying. i get people all the time that dont belive that my little four cylender can put out so much hp. at the track. i dont argue with them i just tell them to put there money where there mouth is and go race. theres this saying..... when the light turns green the B.S. stops.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
HalGreenlee said:

What if I said I had 144 HP? 154HP?

I sit here and take the phone calls and I realize how confused people are.Â
What does HP stand for?? :joke:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lamonster said:
I'll keep posting my numbers as I do mods and you guys can argue if they are real of not. ;) I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going in the right direction. :D
I like this response the best! Who cares if people cry BS when you post numbers...if you post numbers you got, YOU know what you got and are kind enough to share that info with the rest of us.

I'm a stat freak...and like to look at numbers...for about everything I get involved with, not just bikes. Hell, I've kept stats of my college buddies 'every-other-week-or-so' poker game...just to have some numbers to play with. I've got a 134K spreadsheet that I've made with these stats.

I don't want to see/know anybody's numbers to say "BS" or to say "Billy Bob here got more/less than THAT number", I want to see them to know how well y'all are getting your machines to respond to the mod(s). I know all #'s won't increase with every mod, every machine is also different. I've ridden another bike.....just like mine except different pipes that felt really weak to me, so I know even stock per stock bikes can perform differently.

I just wanna see some #s....if you don't wanna post, fine, but I'd at least like some of y'all with mods to send me some PMs with them in there...I won't divulge any info on the board.....it's like having a birthday present...sitting on a counter..that I can never open. I just GOTTA see what's in that puppy....

Oh, and like Lamont, when I get a dyno, rejet, dyno this winter, I'll be posting my numbers. :bigthumbsup:

And...if you don't wanna show me/tell me, that's cool, too.

........and I'd still be happy to ride with any of y'all. Even though I got the slowest bike here. :joke:

G

·
wildwolf said:
I like this response the best! Who cares if people cry BS when you post numbers...if you post numbers you got, YOU know what you got and are kind enough to share that info with the rest of us.

I'm a stat freak...and like to look at numbers...for about everything I get involved with, not just bikes. Hell, I've kept stats of my college buddies 'every-other-week-or-so' poker game...just to have some numbers to play with. I've got a 134K spreadsheet that I've made with these stats.

I don't want to see/know anybody's numbers to say "BS" or to say "Billy Bob here got more/less than THAT number", I want to see them to know how well y'all are getting your machines to respond to the mod(s). I know all #'s won't increase with every mod, every machine is also different. I've ridden another bike.....just like mine except different pipes that felt really weak to me, so I know even stock per stock bikes can perform differently.

I just wanna see some #s....if you don't wanna post, fine, but I'd at least like some of y'all with mods to send me some PMs with them in there...I won't divulge any info on the board.....it's like having a birthday present...sitting on a counter..that I can never open. I just GOTTA see what's in that puppy....

Oh, and like Lamont, when I get a dyno, rejet, dyno this winter, I'll be posting my numbers. :bigthumbsup:

And...if you don't wanna show me/tell me, that's cool, too.

........and I'd still be happy to ride with any of y'all. Even though I got the slowest bike here. :joke:
When you start keeping your stats make sure you have a column for each of the following:

Barometric pressure
Dry bulb
Wet bulb
Altitude
Fuel type

Then calculate the standard deviation of all of the runs and on and on and on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
When you start keeping your stats make sure you have a column for each of the following:

Barometric pressure
Dry bulb
Wet bulb
Altitude
Fuel type

Then calculate the standard deviation of all of the runs and on and on and on.
Be glad to..uhhh...what's dry bulb & wet bulb?

And...although I haven't updated with the last 2 trips to the track, I do have some stats of my track runs:

Sorry that I'm a poor man...and can't afford to buy a shiny new bike and spend lots of time at a dyno (hell, never even been yet, but working on it), or spend lots of money for many mods.....or I'd have a TON of my own mods done. I am proud of my bike, fast OR slow. Even have it listed in www.dragtimes.com, with timesheet and video of one of the races. Who else here has done so?

And, I got to ask...if you don't like all the negative talk generated when talking about numbers, why do you have to be negative (at least I took your above word in a derogatory way) towards me when I explain what I'm after and want to see numbers?

Okay.....I'm stepping away from the keyboard now....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
HalGreenlee said:

What if I said I had 144 HP? 154HP?

I sit here and take the phone calls and I realize how confused people are.Â
Oh, and WOOHOO! I guess if it was 134, I'd be happy unless there was somebody else closer than my 10/6/2006 guess:
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4774.msg65315#msg65315
Updated for final dyno guess: Due to circumstances beyond Hal's control, and my own inexperience in what can do what to HP, I revise my final dyno guess to: 133.26 HP at the wheel on the dyno.

G

·
Nothing negative in my post. I was just trying to make the point that it takes a lot of information to even begin to compare numbers. And wet bulb and dry bulb temps are one of the most crucial things in getting HP. Thats why racers don't like to be the guy that has to qualify in the heat of the day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's a crying shame that people in the know on here can't discuss their findings and modifications because of a few that don't understand anything mechanical.I went racing this weekend setting up a new pro mod car and not once did any one come by and tell us that we can't do that or that won't work.We even helped trouble shoot the other cars there when they needed help.A lot of the guys on here don't realize how much you can learn by just being quite and listening.These bikes have alot of potential that probly won't be discussed here because of all the B.S. that you catch for sharing info.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There's allways someone ready to rain on your parade,that's life. All the numbers in the world,don't make any diffrence. Get a bad launch,miss a gear,sleep at the line....... Your going to the trailer,that's drag racing! :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts