M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
that makes me want to create an account and inform them that the 9 is the HEAVYWEIGHT Champ, we arent in the middle/light weight category.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
complete thread

"I was driving past a gas station a few miles from my house and saw a guy about to leave in his M109R. I see him establish eye contact with me and he comes tearing ass out of the station.

As luck would have it we get the next light and he looks over at my nitrous bottle and asks if I am going to use it if we go at it

I told him I won't need it! At which point he got a little upset

I was just joking around with him when I said that but he took it the wrong way...

Anyways light turns green and I launch like an iraqi rpg and just leave this m109 about 50 lenghs back by the time I hit 100!

It wasn't even close! I knew the max was alot faster but dam was this brutal!

Moral of the story is if you go looking for trouble you will find it!

Thanks again Jeff! I would have lost to this guy if my bike was running like it was when I brought it to you!

The only problem is that I was dreaming! WOW, what a dream! Too bad I had to wake up! Next time I'm going to take a pill or something to prolong the experience! Jeff, Jeff, Jeeeeeffff!!!!!!! Are you awake?!?!? Damm it, you're still sleeping! Am I sleeping?!?!?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:"

Good night Mr. Nitrous!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I signed up for an account there but

declined to stoop to their level...........We know what we have. Don't need to prove anything to anybody .

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
that makes me want to create an account and inform them that the 9 is the HEAVYWEIGHT Champ, we arent in the middle/light weight category.
As a previous V-Max owner I can tell you these guys on this forum are a bunch of idiots. If they had brain one they'd know there's no way an 800 lb v-twin is going to be competitive against a 600 lb v-4. The guy bragging about dusting a 9 would be the same as any of us 9 owners making a big deal over beating some guy in a Honda Civic who wanted to race.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Lonewolf will beat us all day, but then again so will Rocket Ships....But these guys are fools. The guy with the M was an idiot for making that big of a deal about racing him.;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
can u say hyabusa motor????

If Suzuki would have put a hyabusa motor in the 9 hands dwn no cruiser would have touch it. but trying to keep the traditional feel and look caues this, the design is sweet enough to have ha#a busa motor in it. I would have loved the dependabilty of a 4 . And probly would have killed my self... but the vmax is a joke next to the concours. It's fast but not that fast

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As a previous V-Max owner I can tell you these guys on this forum are a bunch of idiots. If they had brain one they'd know there's no way an 800 lb v-twin is going to be competitive against a 600 lb v-4. The guy bragging about dusting a 9 would be the same as any of us 9 owners making a big deal over beating some guy in a Honda Civic who wanted to race.
Ben, You knew it wouldn't take long to get a response from me. Grampi is probably the biggest idiot on the 9 forum. If he went from a Vmax to a 9, he probably couldn't handle the Max. I ride with a bunch of 9's as most of the Vmax riders in my area have lost the desire to ride anymore. I don't think you guys have ever heard me bashing the 9, even though it's no match for a vmax. It's still the most beautiful cruiser on the planet in my book. I had one and decided that I felt more in control on the max. In comparison, the Max in stock form is 110 hp give or take a couple and 613 lbs wet, the 9 is 110 hp or so and 765 lbs. and almost 600 cc's larger than the max. Anyone within 100 miles of me that think their 9 can handle a Max in the quarter, send me a pm and I'll come to you and let you see how wrong you are. Several of the Ga guys have tried me and I just don't think it's possible for the 9 to win. Don't get me wrong, as the 9 is a good running V-twin but that's where it all stops! By the way, Grampi, I'm a member of that Vmax forum and I'm not an idiot. I don't have a TRAILER -in- a bag, but I did stay at a HOLIDAY INN last night. Everyone try to keep the sunny side up! PS: Don't you guys even think about jumping on a Gen-2 vmax, it would be like what a 9 would do to a Honda civic! Wolf

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
PS: Don't you guys even think about jumping on a Gen-2 vmax, it would be like what a 9 would do to a Honda civic! Wolf
Not to mention the GEN II is quite awesome looking. I barely missed out on a chance to get one for around $12,000 last December. Some guy bought, and decided it was too much for him, traded it in at a loss for a Suzuki GS-550. I had just started a new job after being out-of-work for 11 months, and could not get a loan approved, so lost it. DRATS!

Probably a once-in-a-lifetime event there. Only had 500 miles showing.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
By the way, Grampi, I'm a member of that Vmax forum and I'm not an idiot. I don't have a TRAILER -in- a bag, but I did stay at a HOLIDAY INN last night.
:a20::clap2::#1:

I was a waitin' for your response :D

I wuv you bro :beer3:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not to mention the GEN II is quite awesome looking. I barely missed out on a chance to get one for around $12,000 last December. Some guy bought, and decided it was too much for him, traded it in at a loss for a Suzuki GS-550. I had just started a new job after being out-of-work for 11 months, and could not get a loan approved, so lost it. DRATS!

Probably a once-in-a-lifetime event there. Only had 500 miles showing.
CBX, I hate that you lost the opportunity to get one at a steal! I wouldn't call the Gen-2 beautiful, but it is awesome for sure. Was ready to pull the trigger, but after reading things like premium fuel only, 27 to 34 mpg and 683 lbs wet, I decided my 05 was plenty fast enough for an old man and I get 40 mpg. The Gen-2 is a technological wonder over the Gen-1 max, but I have to stop and refuel more than I desire, and the new one with the same size tank is just over the top!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
CBX, I hate that you lost the opportunity to get one at a steal! I wouldn't call the Gen-2 beautiful, but it is awesome for sure. Was ready to pull the trigger, but after reading things like premium fuel only, 27 to 34 mpg and 683 lbs wet, I decided my 05 was plenty fast enough for an old man and I get 40 mpg. The Gen-2 is a technological wonder over the Gen-1 max, but I have to stop and refuel more than I desire, and the new one with the same size tank is just over the top!
I have only one comment on this.....any year vmax is the king. I am still thinking about pulling the plug and selling the nine to get an older one.

·
Registered
735 Posts
And your point is

I bought my 9 primarily for the look, its a stunning motorcycle but also bought it for the power, not to keep up with a V-max or anything but what its capable of staying with, another cruiser. My friend runs a 2004 Screaming Eagle Deuce, he keeps it tuned to perfection and very near showroom condition, when parked side by side the 9 gets as many looks as the deuce, and even though I have a good 100 pounds on him the 9 still can pull on the Deuce on a straight run at full throttle. So the point of trying to match a bike that is clearly out of the 9's weight with the same horsepower and 2 more cylinders is kind of wishful thinking more than practical. The 9 in its cruiser weight is a very impressive machine with class and style to match. Pride is where its at. No one is ashamed of crusing their 9 anywhere.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I need to test ride a V-Max, I love powerful bikes and I dont know anything about those particular bikes. Is it a sportsbike engine in a cruiser frame? How fun! Here is my confusion, is a Star motorcycle a Yamaha? The new V-Max does look pretty cool.

How great would it be if in return to aggressive posts about how terrible our bikes our, we instead compliment them and kill them with kindness. In the future we could even be seen riding down the street next to them, well.. maybe :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts