M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I will admit that I am addicted to the bike.  That being said when I get into my truck it feels like its not running right, is struggling for power, and not shifting well.   I never noticed these things before.  But I think I will be forced to do some air intake mods, or something to get some more power out of my truck so it won't be so much of a drastic change when I drive it.   :bigthumbsup:

Any other F150 owner feel the same way, or is it just me?

BTW, its a '98 F150 4.6 V8 Styleside 4X4 supercab. 

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I got a 2001 F150 XLT Supercab.. and it stopped feeling powerful the day I got it 8) lol... but after a week on the 9 it darn sure didn't feel right.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know the feeling, I have had to run errands all week so I have been driving my truck. I am really starting to miss my 9. Might have to call in sick on Friday to make up for lost time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
HMMM FORD Fix Or Repair Daily :D You have been riding your M too much and not keeping up on you daily repairs.

Nah Just messin with ya. But you better get it checked out. Not sure where you are from but if my truck broke now I would be hurting on the bike. 24 degrees this morning

Hope it is nothing major. (so you have extra money for goodies for the M)

G

·
Breaker said:
its a '98 F150 4.6 V8 Styleside 4X4 supercab.Â
Here lies your problem my man...

1998 F-150 w/ 4.6L V8 = 220 HP stock

Solution: Upgrade to new 2006-2007 F-150 w/ 5.4L V8 @ 300 HP stock, then some air mods, exhaust, and ecu remapping witha chip and you shall be grinning from ear to ear

sincerely,
Proud owner of 200 Ford F-150 Supercrew w/ 5.4L V8

G

·
Nothing wrong with it.... It's just that motor is too underpowered for the F-150's..... I'd hold off on buying another one until 08... The Hurricane 6.2 V-8 will be in by then, and its supposed to to crush the 6.1 "hemi"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think once you get on a bike with so much power and torque available, it would be hard to have any car/truck compare. I would just appreciate the difference and be happy you have the 109 in the garage. I have never looked at cars the same since I started riding 10 years ago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blueovalforlife said:
Nothing wrong with it.... It's just that motor is too underpowered for the F-150's..... I'd hold off on buying another one until 08... The Hurricane 6.2 V-8 will be in by then, and its supposed to to crush the 6.1 "hemi"
M109R Fan said:
Here lies your problem my man...

1998 F-150 w/ 4.6L V8 = 220 HP stock

Solution: Upgrade to new 2006-2007 F-150 w/ 5.4L V8 @ 300 HP stock, then some air mods, exhaust, and ecu remapping witha chip and you shall be grinning from ear to ear

sincerely,
Proud owner of 200 Ford F-150 Supercrew w/ 5.4L V8
I agree with you both, but I don't think I'll be buying another truck any time soon, new baby on the way in May. :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah, I recently made the switch from a V6 Toyota Tacoma to a V8 Toyota Tundra. The V6, even with a cold air intake and sport exhaust was just feelin sluggish after I got the '9. Had to do something to make up for the sluggish feeling and with the rebates on the Tundras (and my discount :bigthumbsup:), I had to make the switch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's definitely not the truck. I have an '01 crewcab F-150, 4.6, and I drive it every day. My problem is the same but I noticed it opposite of your way. I haven't been riding much lately at all and I HAVE been driving every day. The other day I got on the bike and immediately thought, "Holy Sheet, this bike feels faster than it normally does!". Then I got used to it again. So it's funny you should mention that, I noticed too but in a different way.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've got an 01 F-150 Lightning with the supercharged 5.4...and even IT feels doggy after the 109!!(and it's for sale!!)I just picked up an 05 F-150 FX-4 reg cab,stepside on Tuesday,the Lightning needs to go!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts