M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to see what black PC'd wheels (and hub assembly) would look like on a blurple 109. Im seriously considering doing this. I think itd look better on a silver bike but if someone can help me out Id really appreciate it :)
Thanks

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
here's one....I don't know crap about photo shop....I did'nt do this,I had a friend,but I'll post it for you.
do you want him to do it in gloss black?Any other items?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
DHandyman said:
I would have expected powder coat to be a bit less.. dull... in finish. But then, thats just me...
You don't have to powder coat the wheels to paint them. If done right the finish with paint is even more durable than powder coat.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
chadrob30 said:
Not perfect, but you get the idea....I kinda like it. Like an M50 collided with a 109, lol.
Lol, yeah you're right, it does... Don't think I care for that look much.. would rather go with polished aluminum/clearcoat or just outright chroming. Like shiney wheels myself tho.. and I really like that at speed the spoke blades on the stock wheels almost disappear. Not sure you'd get the same effect with black.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would have expected powder coat to be a bit less.. dull... in finish
Powdercoat is typically available in satin, semi-gloss, and high gloss. Personally, I like the high gloss. While you're at it, paint the final drive. A little Omni9700 PPG works great, cheap and a perfect match for the gloss wheels 8) Most bodyshops should be able to do it for you for $50-$100. The gloss black kinda gives it all a "stealth bling" 8)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome..thanks guys... I think I will do it in gloss black. Not sure yet about paint or powdercoat...if I can find someone good at powdercoat thats inexpensive Ill go that route.
Thanks for the great photochoppin :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Suppose someone could chop it with body colored burple wheels? ....that might look tasty :p

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
tworangerted said:
here's one....I don't know crap about photo shop....I did'nt do this,I had a friend,but I'll post it for you.
do you want him to do it in gloss black?Any other items?
I really LIKE the 'blacked out' look, (even some of the previous photoshop black engine/exhaust pics)..but I'm trying to keep my $'s in the HP direction for now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts