M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some real nice Holley old school intakes and love the look. Can anyone point where to get these, cost, shortfalls, etc? Does it use the stocker filters or a whole new filter assembly?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
DLP-----Hal designed them and RealMcCoy made the adapter. You can buy them through the vendor site----if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I didn't take any pics when I did these intakes. DLP sells these intakes with the mounting plates already modified for our bikes. That was the route I was going to go, til I found out they were 1)...sold out, 2)...didn't have any idea when they would have them in stock again. So I bought my own.

Here is a "how-to" here for the ones that DLP sold. I sort-of followed that to modify my backing plates, then the "modding" brain to over and just made it work.

http://www.m109riders.com/howto/holleymod/

You will need some type of gasket material to seal the area between the factory airbox back (the black part that holds the filter) and the intake backing plate. Hit up Fastenal or Home Depot for the various mounting hardware you'll need.

The fluted part of the backing plate that fits on the carb needs to be cut off, so the plate sits flush. The air intake tube on the back needs to come off and the hole sealed up, so the engine only gets cool air.

These intakes can be done a dozen different way, with variations to each. Take some time to plan everything out how you want it, then plan on at least a few days to get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
BTW.. Here is the mod i did.. whereas we used holley from Pep boys (though I got them on eBay for !8.00 and used Plexiglass to create "backing" cutting them with a jigsaw and cutting out for filter "optional" makes a great Mod. very clean. you can even cut out for where the clips go so theres no space... very nice..

and if you can get a different color Plexiglass.. even better.. I found it in shinny black..

see this thread
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98284&highlight=holley+mod

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I did not even use a back plate. I simply fitted the outer piece with the foam inside right around the stock air filter back piece, then inserted four self-tapping screws through the mesh into the plastic at four equi-distant places. I cut the legs off of the piece inside that keeps the foam from being sucked into the intake, and just placed it in there prior to fitting it all up.

I now have Big Airs on my bike, but I fitted the Edelbrocks (same as Holleys) to a friends bike, gave them to him for nuttin. He's enjoying them now, and liking them as much as I did for four years.

Heres a pic of my bike from 2006. Had the Suzuki Touring shield on it at the time, now have the Sport.

Here it is today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.