M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, I like to ride my M109R, but I can't because I have to fix the pool filter body. Anyone with experience in swimming pools.

The filter container is built of some kind of plastic and it started with a pinhole leak at the place where the seam is. Since the pressure runs between 15-20 PSI, I can't get it to stop leaking with a repair from the outside. I've tried all different kinds of sealants but they all leak.

Any fix short of having to take all the PVC plumbing apart and opening it up??? Help appreciated !!!!

mania

G

·
As someone who has dealt with a pool my whole life the best advice is bite the bullet and buy a new pump and housing. The vibration and pressure just make the leaks always come back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
As someone who has dealt with a pool my whole life the best advice is bite the bullet and buy a new pump and housing. The vibration and pressure just make the leaks always come back.
I have to second Hal on his suggestion! I've had pools all my life and have never had "permanent success" in stopping a filter leak! Let me ask you one question - is your filter sand or cartridge? If cartridge, you should be able to get inside of it much easier than sand and "try" to patch from the inside, but I can assure you it will only last so long.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
J R said:
Mania, try beating it with a rubber hose and see if that works :joke: :joke: :joke:
Hehehehe

It is nearing the end of the season. Close it down and buy a new one at end of season discount. If this was May or June I might try the macguyver it, but not now.

Sledzep

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. JR... I did beat it with a rubber hose but alas, it still leaked. I am trying one final fix before I break down and buy another sand/gravel filter. I drilled a 7/8 inch hole through the leaking pinhole. I put the butt end of a carriage bolt into the hole and hammered it in good and tight. I applied a two part epoxy that is supposed to harden like the filter body into the hole surrounding the bolt. After that cured, I put fiberglas over that and more epoxy.

If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

Thanks folks !!!

Mania

1 - 8 of 8 Posts