M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it was a nice sunny day outside the weather man says no rain untill the next afternoon i,am working nights you see so i get excitied i,am going to ride the bike to work i jump at any chance to ride my bike the ride in to work was nice the sun was out i get to work about 6:30pm well around 8:30 i see that it had sprinkled a little i think no big deal its ok well it does that off and on all night i get off at 7:30 this morning and its not raining but you can tell its not gonna be a fun ride home as i pull out of the parking lot it starts to sprinkle i think this is ok a few miles futher and its coming down nice and hard now about this time my n*ts are soaking wet i think i should have drove the truck ... but hey i did learn that the stock tires do ok in the rain and even thou it was raining i still loved it

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
ahhh man that sounds like my first rain experience. i had a little puddle of water between the tank and my nuts,....it was great.

not to mention that it was thundering and lighting ALOT that was a little unsettling. it took me 2 hours to go 30 miles......

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took me about a hour to go 20 miles and i kept wondering am i the only bike out in this lol gotta lov it

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
took me about a hour to go 20 miles
Well there is the reason you "think" the stock OEM tires work good in the rain,,, Get some Metzelers or ,,, god forbid a set of E3 Dunlops(even they are better than stock),,,

At least you will be able to ride faster in the rain without loss of grip,,,

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I work nites as well, and once in while it rains, but it only seems to start raining the second I clock out, good for work, :edit:ed for the ride home.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm not sure how dirty the rain is in VA but here in Arizona the monsoon rain cost me almost 3 hours of cleaning the other week. I hate the rain on bikes. 300 + days of sunshine in AZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts