M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
hey Copperas cove cop, whats up. We had a blast in centerville last week. hope y'all had a nice ride back. I could not get the link to open up so what are they trying to say?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve j said:
hey Copperas cove cop, whats up. We had a blast in centerville last week. hope y'all had a nice ride back. I could not get the link to open up so what are they trying to say?
they are saying that they believe that a vtx1800 could beat a 109 from light to light and the power is close on them, etc etc

BTW...Loved the RIDE and the company!!!!!

have to do it again sometime!!!

Link should work now

G

·
I am not even going to read it and I can tell you that a well respected shop owner in PHX with a VTX who is active on the azvtxriders.com board told me "it will beat mine all day long" after I through him the keys to mine.

I love the X but the 9 is the sheet and that is all there is.

TAZ

·
Registered
666 Posts
raw_taz said:
I am not even going to read it and I can tell you that a well respected shop owner in PHX with a VTX who is active on the azvtxriders.com board told me "it will beat mine all day long" after I through him the keys to mine.

I love the X but the 9 is the sheet and that is all there is.

TAZ
thats what im talking about :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: just let them ride it.... they will come back wanting to slap there dealer :p

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
texas109 said:
thats what im talking about :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: just let them ride it.... they will come back wanting to slap there dealer :p
+1

M109R=12,000.00
Nice Helmet=400.00
Tank of gas=15.00

Whipping a VTX1800 and watching the owner pull their hair out and throw a beatin' to their salesman=Priceless...

j/k guys...but thought it was funny

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't come across any challenges from a VTX owner or anyone else for that matter, but a funny story about that. We were in Nevada a couple months ago for a bike rally and met a guy that was hanging with the group i was with and he introduced himself and said," Hi, I'm Leroy. I have that VTX. Your bike is faster than mine."

keep 'em on 2

brent.

·
Registered
178 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
+1

Honda 109=12,000.00
Nice Helmet=400.00
Tank of gas=15.00

Whipping a VTX1800 and watching the owner pull their hair out and throw a beatin' to their salesman=Priceless...

j/k guys...but thought it was funny
Don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen a honda 109 as you have posted. :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bconnally1 said:
Don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen a honda 109 as you have posted.  :joke: :joke:
WOW!

Again not having the morning coffee biting me again...

Let the lashes commence!!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a couple of them on there that show dyno sheets of 120 hp...Like I told them on VTXOA, there is always an exception but for the most part the 109 smokes any VTX1800 even modded ones when the 109 is stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone wants to try a VTX out in the Birmingham, Al. area, contact me and we can get together at a local 1/8th mile track here near town. We have test and tunes here at two different tracks on Wed/Thurs nights. Warriors are welcome too. :bigthumbsup:

Teddy Popee
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
There are a couple of them on there that show dyno sheets of 120 hp...Like I told them on VTXOA, there is always an exception but for the most part the 109 smokes any VTX1800 even modded ones when the 109 is stock
The 109 won't smoke a vtx that has high compression pistons and cams, at least not until the 109 has intakes, pipes and pc3. I know because I ride with a person who has a built vtx. The one downside for the built vtx is they have to drop about $4000 into the motor to stay with a stock 109. I am waiting for intakes to put on my 109 to compare then.

I will say that when we swap bikes and the rider who is about 80lbs lighter than my is on my 109 I can't keep up with them on the same vtx that can stay with me when I am on the 109. I think I need to lose weight. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts