M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The concours got great reviews everywhere I looked. If I were in the market for a sport tourer it would be that or a used BMW for the same money.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Good choice my friend. I now have 41K miles on my connie and I swear it fells like the engine is just getting broke in.

I have done several multi day trip on her and it travels well.

The first thing i did though was to punt that pipe. I got a 2 brothers.

Good job :clap2:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This things loves to ride above 100 mph is not as fast as the R1 but plenty fast... I have a vecation in California this yr. is going to be an adventure.. I'm going to lower it from the rear a little this bike is to high for my short legs.....

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Last year when we made a trip to sturgis, up in Wyoming on the wide open roads, we were cruising at 130 mph, with sprints to 150.

The only issue is though, I now have received 2 speeding tickets on this bike. Both in excess of 90mph :cop: It is sooooo easy.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Last year when we made a trip to sturgis, up in Wyoming on the wide open roads, we were cruising at 130 mph, with sprints to 150.

The only issue is though, I now have received 2 speeding tickets on this bike. Both in excess of 90mph :cop: It is sooooo easy.
Easy on the 9 too, but those Connies are like butta

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

after riding a few times with you I am surprised you only have two :joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
That's a great looking bike Joel, good choice. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Keep us updated on how the lowering goes too. I really like those but my legs are too short to be comfortable on it. I've not checked on what it takes to lower one.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sweet new ride Bro, But man I loved that R1 you just sold!! But I am probably just being bias considering that is what I want so bad!!

Enjoy the new toy!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet new ride Bro, But man I loved that R1 you just sold!! But I am probably just being bias considering that is what I want so bad!!

Enjoy the new toy!! :bigthumbsup:
Thanks: but i ride long distance and the R1 is just won't do the trick.. but i probably buy a use sport bike in the future... i love sport bikes..

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: I almost pulled the trigger last year on a trade for my 9 but I just couldn't do it... he wanted to trade for a Victory Hammer :dontknow: I told him to compare the Hammer and 9 on looks and reviews and when he called me back 2 days later saying the 9 is wayyyyy better... I chickened out. Had he traded me on day 1 I would have a Connie right now... I'm still happy!! :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That's a great looking bike Joel, good choice. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Keep us updated on how the lowering goes too. I really like those but my legs are too short to be comfortable on it. I've not checked on what it takes to lower one.
Today i lower the C1400 2.75 with full adjustable links just on the rear, the bikes handles just like stock. I'm not flat footed on the road but at least i feel in control, i like to lower the front but that will make the bike heavier when leanig in the curves..

Before

After

The only way you can tell is by looking at the rear swing arm and the rear axle.... after lowering the bike you can't see the end of the swingarm or the axle..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts