M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Another selling a hot Rod to buy an Old Mans bike.:a20:

So long baby!

When you guys sell your nine, why don't you just quietly disappear into the sunset? Thats what your doing buying a gold wing. Riding off into old mans sunset. You on socail security yet? Medicare part D? Old folks home?

I would'nt be caught dead on one of them. My dad tried to sell me his, I just LOLed. Its a two-wheeled four-wheeler.

·
Registered
183 Posts

So long baby!

When you guys sell your nine, why don't you just quietly disappear into the sunset? Thats what your doing buying a gold wing. Riding off into old mans sunset. You on socail security yet? Medicare part D? Old folks home?

I would'nt be caught dead on one of them. My dad tried to sell me his, I just LOLed. Its a two-wheeled four-wheeler.
dont be fooled by the goldwing... it's no nine, but it'll fry that back tire in the blink of an eye...

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
dont be fooled by the goldwing... it's no nine, but it'll fry that back tire in the blink of an eye...
I don't care how it performs, how it handles. It's still an old man's bike. And I'll leave it to them to ride the blasted ugly things.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts

So long baby!

:a20::#1:

·
Registered
960 Posts
:congrats:Got tired of people admiring your ride, I guess? I know, it can be annoying. Don't worry, now you are completely invisible to anyone except maybe other GW riders. Enjoy the anonymity!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I'm not sure how they perform in a straight line, but I am yet to find one that can keep up with me in the mountains. I know alot of mountain riding is the rider and not the bike but I haven't come across one that can come close to keeping up with me. :dontknow:

I think there is a yellow 9 that hits the Dragon pretty darn hard, but in all my trips up there I haven't run into him.

·
Registered
195 Posts

So long baby!

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I know the 9 runs hard and looks good, but could not help myself. My buddy has a wing and i would just walk off from him with the 9.

·
Registered
70 Posts
wing,

hey bobbymac, i came from sportbikes, and took my dads goldwing to montana, and rode some serious mountain roads, earlier this year, and just got back few weeks ago from deals gap with my 9, and i know i could go faster in the corners with the wing, than with the 9. i have no pegs left on the 9, and was hitting hard s$#@. pipes took a beating! not saying im the fastest by no means, but i rode the 9 to its limit, and the wing has better lean angles, or more cornering clearence.

G

·
I'm not sure how they perform in a straight line, but I am yet to find one that can keep up with me in the mountains. I know alot of mountain riding is the rider and not the bike but I haven't come across one that can come close to keeping up with me. :dontknow:

I think there is a yellow 9 that hits the Dragon pretty darn hard, but in all my trips up there I haven't run into him.
40 degree lean angle for the Goldwing which is pretty good

Not sure what it is on the 9 but I know it's not too great and couldn't find any "offical stats" for it so oh well there goes the "official lean angle test"

Funny thing was, when I was riding sport bikes I always considered "crusier folk" the "old guys" LOL

Goldwings rock FTW

·
Registered
70 Posts
me too, funny how we change as we get older. im 41, and for the last 3 years my wife kept asking my when i was going to get a bike to fit my age!:mad: so i made the jump to the cruizers. my next bike will be a wing though, sorry guys!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts