M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: THIS POST IS ON TOPIC :joke:

I'm playing with the idea of a ghost checker custom paint job on my white 109. I'm afraid it might look too much like a soccer ball though. What do you think? I'm thinking about starting out very light (ghosted) on the front fender and becoming more promenant as it spreads to the rear.

·
Registered
141 Posts
whiteout said:
NOTE: THIS POST IS ON TOPICÂ :joke:
ROFLMAO.

Regarding the paint scheme, it's not my cup of tea. I think the checkerboard conflicts with the flowing lines of the bike. Just my opinion.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
you might want to try a two tone type scheme where you break up the tank for example, into a top half and bottom half. Then do the pattern in one of the sections while leaving some solid color (or negative space as we call it in the design world)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe try some silver ghost flames on the tank and nacelle, but not the Italian restaraunt tablecloth look...I concur.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlkM109r said:
you might want to try a two tone type scheme where you break up the tank for example, into a top half and bottom half. Then do the pattern in one of the sections while leaving some solid color (or negative space as we call it in the design world)
Yeah, that is my thinking. In my head it's just the lower part of the tank and the edges of the fenders and other panels. Maybe just the lower three or four inches or so on the tank with smaller checkers then what I have in the picture. I just cloned some checkers from something I found on the web (not a table cloth) to get an idea. I have plenty of time to play with it. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the idea. The white base highlights the pattern well. IMO, black with flames looks very ho-hum as its so common. I'm likin' where you're going with this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:D Nothing wrong with soccer ball look. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
not really what I'd go for but I never was known for my style :joke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts