M109 Rider Forums banner

So who's ready for the real cold weather?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  spydah 
#1 ·
I AM!

I can part time as a ninja now...

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I headed out at 35 degrees this morning

Going down the freeway at 70 mph puts the temp hitting my hands at 16.47 F. No wonder ice formed on my shield, mirrors and hands, when I ran into fog. Got one of these last week, very warm, by First gear.........

Needless to say I ordered some heated gloves when I got home.

#17 ·
Going down the freeway at 70 mph puts the temp hitting my hands at 16.47 F. No wonder ice formed on my shield, mirrors and hands, when I ran into fog. Got one of these last week, very warm, by First gear.........

Needless to say I ordered some heated gloves when I got home.
I own the same suit and I love it. Except for the zipper that broke in the right pant leg. I'm still looking for someone who can fix it. It's too nice of a suit to waste. I still use it but have to zip the leg up from the bottom, instead of down from the top. I have ridden with this suit at 28 degrees and was comfortable, all except for my hands. I have not found any glove that keeps my hands warm below 30.

#7 ·
I go burr, when it get its cold in winter, at 72*:bigthumbsup:

#8 ·
LOL Ya getting soft man, LOL

G
#13 ·
I have no desire to ride when its that cold out that it necessitates an outfit like that. No thank you
LOL I've gotten to the same thinking....when I had the BMW and all kinds of fun heated stuff on the bike (grips/seats) I didn't mind brisk cold day rides

the 9 does nothing to keep any wind off of you....I've become a warm weather rider only....plus I've gotten to not really enjoy putting on a 1 piece with all that padding and stuff...I guess I should sell it lol

#11 ·
My truck has a good heater, and it works fine on those cold days. :bigthumbsup:

I'll ride in the low to mid 40's to work, providing it warms up sometime during the day. The sun low in the morning does a decent job of keeping me warm plus the temp goes up at least 5 degrees once I get out of the mountains. I don't like bundling up so much I can't move just to enjoy a ride, but about mid January I start changing my mind a little. :D

#14 ·
Thank GOD its finally drooped below 80* :joke:

#15 ·
The suit actually flexes great and I was able to tear up blue ridge just fine. It was the ride back to newport news at about 8 at night that froze my fingers. Only way Ima ride in the 30's on long trips is with heated gloves.

I'm working on fabricating some hand deflectors for the Z1K so maybe I won't need heated gloves. :dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.